View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 08:14 PM
themadpatter

When I read the title of this post it wasn't in wasn't in your (I'm sure it must be) sweet voice, inquiring in a friendly way. I heard it in my mom's suspicious drill sergeant's bellow: "What are you doing???" That really should be in caps, because she'd be yelling for sure, lol.

Oh, I'm sewing masks. I made a bunch of ones that are 4 layers thick so they will filter better, but I have to breath really slowly or I feel like I'm running out of oxygen. That experiment may be a Fail!!, we'll see. Now I'm switching to the Kaiser pattern, because I'm a Kaiser member, so I figure I should give them to my doctors and all. I accidentally cut a batch at 7 inches instead of 8, so I'm going to make those into kids' masks and throw them into my friend's peds office from 6 feet away, lol. ("Here's some masks, Rich, enjoy!!") He and his wife are friends of mine from our Nuclear Weapons Freeze activism days. We always joked that "You can be my pediatrician when I have kids!" and then we'd laugh uproariously because I wasn't Ever going to have kids. Haha, he was sure surprised when I called to make sure they had room for one more about 26 years ago. I had to switch doctors because I changed insurance, and one of the kids in my son's class was the child of 2 doctors, a Pediatrician mom and a neurologist dad. Dr. Mom had a policy of letting any of the kids in the class get on her panel, so we got her, and she is just the greatest doctor ever. She's going to get the first batch of Kaiser masks, and she can spread them around as she sees fit.

Love to all, please stay home and stay safe as much as possible!