View Single Post
Old 04-17-2020, 11:28 AM
steven1973

• Thank you for reply, my wife starting quilting on a fairly regular basis about 7 months ago. She’s been using a very basic Kenmore she bought 25 years ago for around $100 which was all the money in the world at the time.. Obviously not everything she wanted but managed to make beautiful quilts and household linens over the years. I know she’s been looking at the janome 6650, burnette 77 and a Bernina not sure which one. Those machines have the basic features she’s looking for . Initially I was thinking $2500 for a machine, We fortunately have the means to buy any machine she wants. She’s not looking to buy a machine that exceeds her needs and wants. It’s completely recreational. After more research I could see spending as much as $5000 but don’t want to spend just to say she has it. Thoughts on machines mentioned or others I/we should consider. What makes a similar machine go from $1500 to 3,5 or even $10,000. We live in alaska, sewing machine dealers are minimal at best. Ultimately would like her to try them out but may not be possible.
regards Steven

Last edited by steven1973; 04-17-2020 at 11:32 AM.