View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 03:13 AM
Kdkibbe

Originally Posted by jlhmnj View Post
Yep, It's a genuine Davis Minnesota A. The cabinet originally came with an inset. Perhaps the inset was replaced at one time. A VF2 and NVF will fit. The VF2 is the better match. You'd need to secure the front edge of an NVF so it doesn't fall off the cradle when being lowered. A cylinder or bullet shuttle is not difficult to replace. It will add an extra $30-$40 to the total cost. If the Minnesota A and cabinet is being shipped you want to make sure the seller knows their stuff. Way too many sewing machines are needlessly damaged in transit. I have fond memories of road trips / mini vacations to pick up Davis sewing machines.

Jon

True. It seems all the best stuff is located in the north and seems like most people aren’t keen on disassembling the machines and packing them up themselves.

That is the problem with the VF2 I found in Colorado. The seller became non communicative when the subject of shipping came up. I was going suggest she take it to the UPS store but that’s probably a lot to ask considering the current health circumstances. I imagine that it would also double the price of the machine if she was willing and able to do so.

The beautiful parlor cabinet in Austin is no longer available unfortunately but I found another Minnesota with some condition issues about 300 miles from me. The machine head is mounted to a metal plate instead of wood.
Attached Thumbnails b09fcdf2-451b-47f6-a99a-6238c3cc0ab7.jpeg