View Single Post
Old 06-11-2020, 08:42 AM
CaleyH

I just looked at the needle tip. It looks a bit rounded compared to other needles I have. Not very much, but under a 10X loop it looks duller. I changed the needle just in case.

Wondering just how long a needle lasts. I used one bobbin of thread. After a bit into the second bobbin, I started hearing that thunk at the the multiple layer seams. I guess those seams wear the needle faster than just sewing through two layers of material.

I'm still learning my new machine. Occasionally the thread breaks either at the bobbin thread, or the spool thread. At first I couldn't figure out what the machine LED display was telling me, but after a while, it finally became clear which one was giving the problem. The old thread I was using in the bobbin is most likely why the thread was breaking. The top spool thread was just catching on things. I am using a very large spool outside the machine, so occasionally it wiggles, and snags on something.

At least I've figured out how the needle threading mechanism works on this Singer. Took me a few hours of looking carefully to see how things worked. Now I can thread the needle on the first try, instead of having to take a half dozen tries before things work.

Last edited by CaleyH; 06-11-2020 at 08:48 AM.