View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 03:18 PM
dove

I have the ruler and have never used it. One of the other members mentioned she paper pieces her log cabins. I would try paper piecing it if I did another log cabin. It’s so much fun and I love the accuracy paper piecing offers. I hope we get to find out what you decided on and see the finished project 🙂

Originally Posted by Railroadersbrat View Post
So the ones I'm asking about today is the Log Cabin Rulers she has. Some years ago, I decided to give a Log Cabin a shot and it wasn't what I expected it to be. It was enough that I didn't even save the quilt top, I threw it out it was that bad.

I was looking on YouTube the other night trying to find my background noise and I came across Quilting from The Heartland, so I plugged in the playlist and let it go. While I was working on my hexagon quilt, I heard her talk about the log cabin, so I stopped what I was doing, rolled over to my laptop and watched her. I've learned a lot from Shar Jorgensen, I really like how she explains things and it gave me enough confidence that I think my next project is going to be a Log Cabin quilt. Once I got on her website and saw how expensive her templates were, I realized I was going to have to go another route to do this quilt, so I got on Amazon and found Marti Michell.

I'm thinking of getting the ruler for the 1 inch and 2 inch logs for a 12-inch block. Has anyone else used her rulers?

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-05-2020 at 04:11 PM. Reason: fix quote formatting