View Single Post
Old 08-19-2020, 01:04 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Here's a link for a free SAW (aka 8 piece) pattern ....
http://www.bethanyreynolds.com/downloads/SpinCycle.pdf

Mirrors .... yes, very helpful to help you get a prediction of your outcome.
You don't need to buy the quilt-store version ... Just go to a $ $tore and get two mirrors. I found school locker mirrors, about 6"x8" with a plastic edging/backing, to make them safer and easier to handle. Then added duct tape to hold them together. That way, they will stand up, so you can admire without needing to hold them in place. Fan then in/out in different angles to see how a 4-repeat would look, or 6 or 8 .... or more!

There are so many "rules" that are said about the fabrics designs to use or not use. However, many here on the board have proven those wrong!!! ..... look for some of the old threads. What I discovered is that the smaller the print, the smaller your triangle/square size needs to be to make it work.

Four Patch Posey ... Sorry, I don't have a finished picture. I didn't have a lot of virgin fabric, so I cut four squares the size of the 4-P blocks, and put them into the corners as references to the original fabric.
My Maiden 4-Patch Posey !!!!

My first OBW ... Lots of virgin fabric this time, so I used it for the backing for the quilt, matching it where I seamed it.
Shabby Chic OBW .... Tout Fini! :)

Warning ... these are addictive and once you start into it, you don't want to stop, as you want to keep doing another and another to see the surprise that each group of triangles hold for you!

Have Fun!!
(now you have me thinking of making another!)

Last edited by QuiltE; 08-19-2020 at 01:15 PM.