View Single Post
Old 11-11-2020, 01:23 PM
RJLinkletter

Originally Posted by tlrnhi View Post
Postal rates have gone up for everyone. It's ridiculous! I try my very best to get everyone a person that they want/need and also to respect their wishes for mailing to US/out of country. I did one year, have those in Europe sending to Europe addresses and the same with Canadians. I can only do that every once in a while or there will be people sending to the same people all the time.

I really do try my best to make sure it's not the same people sending overseas/Canada all the time. It's not fair that those are the only ones enduring the horrible postage. I do understand that money is tight for some, but maybe if we start putting a couple dollars a month in a jar for "Secret Santa" mailing, that might work out. You know...the same way we shop all year for goodies for the boxes. Maybe a special piggy bank for it. I dunno..........
tlrnhi Please don’t worry - it wasn’t meant to be a rant at you! I take part in the monthly swaps on here as well and often post to the US and I really don’t mind at all as I love to receive from the US as well. I was more annoyed at the postal system. Further research shows:

- shorter term problem is because of COVID. Apparently most UK-US mail goes on passenger flights to keep costs down. With less passenger flights they have had to run more flights just for mail which is much more expensive.

- longer term problem is a policy change in the US linked to the issues with USPS you are all having there? It has been decided that the amount USPS charges for ground transportation in the US to foreign companies (like our Royal Mail) will now be significantly higher than for residents whereas they used to be the same cost (same service after all!!)