View Single Post
Old 12-06-2020, 07:04 PM
vadalia

Ladies, I've gone feral! I was so preoccupied by not having the perfect Fabric C for that previous group of fabrics, I've completely started over from scratch. I guess some fabrics I'm willing to risk sacrificing to the Gods of Mystery Quilting and some I'm not LOL

I've now chosen fabrics I'm a little less attached to (two I've used in previous quilts already, one I just thought I'd be using for a backing someday, and one I've got an identical fabric of in a color scheme I like better) I'm a little out of my comfort zone with these picks but I think that's part of the fun of Mystery Quilting. I tend to like things a little too matchy-matchy (for instance, ALL of my previous fabrics had either a circle or medallion or polka dot element) so I've pushed myself with these new ones. Each fabric has at least one matching fabric for either style or color scheme and I like the effect they give as a whole, but they're not as matchy-matchy as I'd normally go for. They also don't follow the rules as closely as I was trying to previously, which actually takes some of the pressure off, because I won't be as disappointed with a "failed" outcome with these fabrics.

I'll post a pic if I can find my camera. Feelin' good, living life!