Old 12-18-2020, 07:14 AM
Rebaquilts

Default New York Beauty

Hi all, I didn't know what a New York beauty was but the images on bing are fantastic, and it opens up the borders to some WONDERFUL possibilities for sure. I don't mind the person after me being international, the six posts would be all my cost. I just shipped 3 packages internationally, one to my gf in AU, one to my gf in Chile, and one to my December pal to Europe (just in case she is lurking LOL). I have always figured 2 weeks for international, and 3 to AU (although it has arrived once in a while in 10 days). It just means a shortened turnaround time for me and my recipient, and that's ok. I do agree that it is a nice gesture to post photos so the person after you can get some ideas and inspiration while you are working on yours. My last round was definitely in conjunction with the ideas of one last border by the recipient, she will be adding a header and showed me the colors of her intended last border, so I chose my border colors and design so as to coordinate with her intent and the overall quilt design. I also created a private album for photos of my progress so my recipient could start the creative juices before receiving the quilt. And yes, I would figure on two weekends of sewing/ cutting/ planning, that gives one weekend for a cushion and the last one is mailing. I'm very excited again, my top turned out great and I can't wait to see this next round robin.