View Single Post
Old 01-01-2021, 08:17 AM
tropit

Default Miso Wrapped Eggs

Love Miso? Love Eggs? This one is for you. These eggs are intensely flavored. They would make a great, "Whore's Devors," if cut into quarters, or sliced into rounds and used in a Canape. The texture is creamy and the taste is salty and very misoy. The yolk is not dry and powdery like regular hard boiled eggs, but rich and gooey. It's a super easy recipe, you just need to plan ahead. I found this in my, "Miso-Tempeh-Natto and other Tasty Ferments," cookbook by K & C Shockey.

Take 6 raw eggs and place in lukewarm water to bring to room temperature. Boil enough water to cover eggs by 1 inch. Add eggs to boiling water and cook for exactly 7 minutes. Remove eggs from boiling water and dunk into ice water to cool the quickly. Carefully peel eggs, pat dry and set on a plate. Now, take about 3 tablespoons of any kind of miso paste that you choose, (I used a light, white miso,) and make a patty of it in one of your hands. Take one egg and place it in the center of the patty and wrap the miso around it. Take a little more miso to finish off the top side, so that the egg is smooth and completely covered in miso. Do that with all 6 eggs. They should look like 6, little miso footballs when done. Put them in a tightly fitting covered container and place in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. After they have sat long enough, remove them from the fridge, wipe off the miso from each egg and rinse to take off any trace of miso. Cut into desired shapes and serve. You can use the left over miso from the eggs for soup, but do so right away, because of the contact with the eggs.

Happy New Year!!!