View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 07:05 AM
Onebyone
Power Poster

I am a retired journeyman maintenance tech for large utility company. Very boring job but excellent pay. Not much call for being creative except when I opened a new big rag box. Never knew what treasures were in those big scrap fabric boxes. The guys would even save the scrap pieces they thought I'd like. LOL Oh when I requested lint free rags, it was any fabric that was white. I got most of my neutrals from the lint free box.
I had the best first grade teacher. We had art everyday. One of my favorite was when we free styled drawing lines, waves, loops and circles then made something out of it, like seeing shapes in clouds. Not all the kids could see anything but a few saw and had amazing shapes. I was very proud of my shapes, some I made up stories for in my head. The teacher would put the the most colorful ones on the bulletin board and took time to ask each child about their drawing and choice of color. I remember one little guy coloring a dog blue with red ears. Some of the kids laughed and said that wasn't right. The teacher said he had what was called imagination and creativity. Big words for my first grade mind. His blue dog went on the bulletin board.

Last edited by Onebyone; 01-13-2021 at 07:17 AM.