View Single Post
Old 03-17-2021, 04:09 AM
DottyD

Default Harriet's Journey BOM

Originally Posted by Mkotch View Post
I worked on the Oregon Trail block (G-4?) yesterday and am happy to report it's finished. Afterwards, I checked to see if there will be more similarly curvy. Luckily, no. While I'm OK with making larger curved blocks, the tiny size was a challenge. I ended up hand appliqueing the curved pieces to solid 2" squares. It looks good. I think it would have been easier to applique four larger circles onto squares and then cutting them in quarters.

Next, I tackled G-8 and was faced with those classic, tiny Y seams. I remember doing those for Jennifer's "Cornucopia of Thanks." Decided to try making chevrons instead... today. Harriet's Journey is definitely a journey for me. How's everyone else doing? Have you found an easier way to make a particular block?
I am afraid I didn't make G4 - I am not a lover of curves - maybe later !!! I am also not a lover of Y seams - but did do it and they were OK but very fiddly. I will try to see if I can do it a different way on the next time we make a block with them in it !

Look forward to seeing your blocks !