View Single Post
Old 03-26-2021, 07:02 AM
wishfulthinking

Originally Posted by ladyinpurple135 View Post
Everyone is talking about living conditions - my question is - do you like the weather in Florida? I, too live in NC and love it here - plus I wouldn’t move to Florida for anything. Nit trying to sound like Debbie Downer but just understand that it’s a lot different there than here in NC - I live 30 miles north of Charlotte. It’s get really, really humid and there are tins of flying things. A good friend’s daughter and kids used to live there (on both coasts) and she had words I won’t write. They actually had alligators and those huge snakes that are in lots of places. I’ve been to Orlando and Daytona - both in the summer. I generally do not perspire correctly - I just get clammy - but I was dripping in both places. And I would miss the winter and change of seasons, I’ve watched those videos from Jerry and Linda and laughed and laughed. I’m 73-1/2 and I would never live in an adult community. Just not my cup of tea.

Sandy in Mooresville! nC
Hi Sandy! You are not too far away from me. I'm in Raleigh up by Wake Forest. We have only lived here two years and I do like it, but I would be fine with no cold weather at all. The Jerry and Linda videos have been good for information, but I agree about that lifestyle....not for me either.