Thread: Wine talk
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 11:23 AM
tropit

Originally Posted by cgsumter View Post
I like Pinot Noir as well. I typically purchase the less expensive labels, not a fan of Robert Mondavi though. Someone gave me a bottle of Meiomi at Christmas that was really good.
I haven't tried Meiomi...I'll have to look for that.

I was first introduced to Pinot Noir in Santa Ynez. We lived there for 30 years. When we first moved there, there were not many vineyards there, but the Pinots put out by Babcock and Sanford really put that place on the map. (Then, the movie "Sideways" came out and all heck broke lose. We became completely inundated with wine tourists.) I haven't had any Sanford in a long time, but it is probably still very good. These are both very rich, full bodied and fruity.

Here, in the Anderson Valley, the best Pinot, IMHO, is from Penny Royal and possibly Navarro. (I'm not plugging for my dau, just my opinion.) Everyone has a different style of making this wine and some styles are thin and watery, which I personally don't like. These 2 are excellent and remind me of the SY wines.

I'm excited...I'm going to France in October, pandemic permitting, and I plan to spend a couple of days in Bordeaux. It will be our 40th wedding anniversary.