Old 04-19-2021, 05:11 AM
Iceblossom

What a glorious finish Suzslo! And truly finished quilting and all. Love the yellow zipping through the border. On-point even and look how it brings out the star-flowers/pattern! As I was grumbling to myself one of the things I kept saying was "well at least it isn't on point like last year".

I don't know if I'll be doing the mystery this year -- probably. Last year I had it scheduled, this year I have a quilt I want to have completely finished as a Christmas gift, this year depends on where I'm at with that. While I have a stated goal of using up my 10" squares I got via swapping back around Y2K, I'm thinking maybe just using larger planned yardage instead of scraps. But still from stash, even if it isn't 10" squares I got no business buying fabric.

While Bonnie and I have different styles, that's ok. Again, I do these to do something different and most of my quilts go to other people anyway. Honestly, it is actually a good time of the year for me -- we don't really celebrate any holidays while our friends are all busily running from place to place, the weather is bad, it's a good time to stay inside and sew. I enjoy the push to do it "real time" even if I didn't manage that this year (and never could have back as a single mom, it is a lot of sewing!). And despite the grumbles, I remind myself that this is what I do for fun and I always learn stuff. Sometimes more about me than the quilting.