View Single Post
Old 04-27-2021, 09:52 AM
JoeJr

1. Rust in general; some people use Evapo-Rust and based on before/after pictures I’ve seen on the Board it looks fantastic. It’s kind of expensive, I have not used it. I have soaked parts in vinegar but when left too long I have had some pitting; if removed more timely I follow up with a brass bristle brush (from almost any hardware store) to brush off the part. I have also used fine grit sandpaper to remove rust as well, depending on the part; or I have used 0000 steel wool and sewing machine oil. I have also just used sewing machine oil with the brass bristle brush and that has worked well for me.

2. Oiling anything; only use sewing machine oil, real sewing machine oil, available online or Walmart or any sewing store.

3. Needles; Some people will use a whetstone to resharpen needles, especially if the needles are hard or impossible to find. You mentioned 206x13 as a possibility. You can get a pack from ebay for around $10, worth a try in my mind while you wait for CC1221s to pop up. There is probably a decal on the front right side of the base of the machine, in front of the pillar, that gives you the exact needle size, set a 206x13 on there and see if it matches, then try it in the machine if so. If you don’t have the decal then compare the 206x13 to your existing needle; you’re looking for the large end of the shafts to be even and then the eyes to line up.

4. Bobbins; this is a little more difficult. A bobbin for a Singer 301 or Featherweight is almost identical in size to the bobbin for the machine I have which I think matches your machine

The Vandervoort

Except the 301 bobbin lacks the hole or notch just outside the center hole which allows the bobbin to lock onto the bobbin winder. If I didn’t have bobbins that worked I would pick up 301 bobbins and go to a neighbor with a drill press and make the notches.

5. Motor; I have included some pictures of the motor mount on my machine. Is this what yours looked like? Can you post some pictures, including of the motor itself, and the wiring? I post pictures by going “advanced” on the reply options and then under the “manage attachments” button.
Attached Thumbnails 20210427_102552.jpg   20210427_102559.jpg   20210427_102612.jpg