View Single Post
Old 05-12-2021, 11:02 PM
OrionsPelt

Default 1941(?) Sphinx Singer Restoration

I'm brand new so this'll be my introduction, hello! I thought you guys would be interested in the Singer I picked up this week, a Sphinx decal Singer, what I believe is from 1941 based off of the serial number. Not bad for $50 I think, though it will need a bit of elbow grease to get working again. I was worried at firsr that it was a reproduction when I first got it home, but I don't believe that is the case. It looks nearly identical to the machine that Jodie posted here: https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/1941-singer-15-special-variation-15sv10-looking-more-info-t218221.html
It has the same Indian star decal on the bed that is unusual for these machines.

It's in poor shape internally and is seized, so I will need to take it apart completely so I can remove rust from the internal mechanisms. Cabinet will also need work. I'll be posting updates and pictures here as I go along with the restoration. This is my first time restoring something like this so if there are any things to look out for feel free to comment.