View Single Post
Old 08-31-2021, 07:41 AM
cashs_mom

Originally Posted by tranum View Post
DH and I have saved so much in 56 years by fixing a lot of things. Appliance store wanted $100 house call to fix the plugged up refrigerator drain tube - we replaced it for pennies. Same for kitchen range repair. He paid a mechanic work on our car 2x but it wasn’t right so he bought the parts & did it himself. It gave no trouble even when our son & grandson “inherited” and used it for a work car for 7 or 8 years. We hang ceiling fans (and they work !!). I could go on and on but you get the idea.
I'm always so grateful I have a DH who can actually fix stuff. Since covid things have been really slow at our business so he's had a lot of time. He's fixed the clutch in the truck, replaced the radiator and starter in my car, insulated some stuff in my car, fixed the rocker arm problem in his car, rebuilt the back fence and did a ton of little stuff around the house. Thanks to QB I was brave enough to open my Bernina 180 when the needle wouldn't move up and down and look around. I noticed the needle bar wasn't moving so I put a drop of oil on it and let it sit. Then I moved the hand wheel and, voila`, it worked. Saved me that $125.00 and a trip to the OSMG.