Old 11-18-2021, 06:28 AM
Iceblossom

TX325 -- ooo, I like raisin as a color!

Thanks to all for the positive comments on my pieced back. After collecting fabric for decades I have made a commitment to myself to use my stash whenever possible. There is nothing wrong with collecting fabric and I used to be very productive, but I decided that not only did I not need any more fabric, I actually wanted less... but I still love it all and I do buy when the need/mood arrives.

When I saw the paint chips this year, I instantly thought of the pink circle fabric and I had been thinking all year that I'd really like to use up some solids if I could. I couldn't think of anything I had in my stash that would have worked with the Grassy Creek/Silver Linings, so I bought the extra wide back. For Frolic I had a fun funky thrift store fabric that was exactly the right colors, and then Bonnie had us make extra units to preserve the mystery (many of us were not happy!), I had nothing else to use them for so I stuck them on the back..

As I say, I like to sew a bit each day. For the next week until the mystery begins I'm going to work on playing with fabric -- or at least that's what I call putting things away/cleaning up because it sounds so much better as play than clean up!