View Single Post
Old 01-08-2022, 07:39 AM
woodland creature

I have looked over the fabric moratorium threads, but never with an eye towards actually joining in the fun. In fact, I increased my stash quite a bit in 2021. OK I had an excuse! My husband retired in the fall, and I am planning on retiring this summer, so I needed to purchase what I could while we still had an income. As I am a dedicated pre-washer, that also meant that all the new fabric had to be washed, dried, and ironed. Which lead to me actually reorganizing my stash last November/December - which also meant finding a bunch of fabric that I didn't even know I had. It was then that I realized that even once I retire, I won't have enough time to use it all.

At the moment, I have six months to reorganize my work life, finish up the few projects that are ending before I leave, and transition all of the other projects to co-workers. That is taking a lot of energy, so I can't even think about quilting beyond the particular one that I am currently working on - which is my first BH mystery.

All that to say that this feels like a good way to start the year! Thanks for organizing it.