Thread: Scammers
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2022, 09:19 AM
FoxyLady

Default Scammers

Originally Posted by Lady Diana View Post
Today I received an email with Best Buy and Geek Squad logos on it stating that My subscription was being renewed on my credit card. Shortly thereafter I got another email from Norton lifelock is lifelock saying that my lifelock subscription was going to be charged to my credit card and to call to verify that I was renewing. In both instances there were 800 numbers at the bottom of the emails also a verification of secrecy and security concerning my credit card and any discussions they would have with me blah blah blah. I put the 803 the 809 and the 805 numbers in the URL address And the Internet had a list of topics that this was a scam.. Any time that you have an 803,809,805 area codes do not respond. I did call Best Buy and they wanted all the information and said never call any numbers that look like they're charging a credit card Or renewing something . Best Buy said to call the number that is on their website . They asked if I would forward the email to their security department so that's what I did.
From now on when I suspect it could be a scam or they instantly say they're charging my credit card I'm gonna look at the bottom of the email for those area codes. Thought I would pass this along since I read another similar post this morning.
Better yet, click on the "Phishing" option under the "junk" tab to send these types of emails to Microsoft.