View Single Post
Old 02-02-2022, 09:01 AM
rryder

Gemm- I have done the same thing with batting scraps 😱. Yesterday I needed a sturdy transparent plastic bag for a quilt I’m getting ready to ship. I had just the thing, but it was filled with odds and ends which I dumped on the floor. What Came out of the bag was : 1 UFO; a bunch of trimmings from a painted quilt that I am saving for an art piece; bits and pieces that are skinny enough to be couched down onto another art piece and…a bunch of the edge fabric and batting that gets trimmed away from my quilts after I’ve quilted them. I have a specific place to put all of these things, but appparently those places were full way back when these needed to be dealt with, so they got shoved in the bag. I’ve already put the UFO in area 51 and will add it to my UFO list. I also put all the bits and pieces for the 2 art quilts I’m saving them for into the storage unit where I keep those things. I still need to separate the fabric strips from the batting, put the fabric in my scrap storage and deal with the batting… Sometimes I think it never ends , but at least finds of this nature are no longer an everyday occurrence in my studio😅

Keep up the good work everyone!