Old 05-12-2022, 09:53 AM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

I don't "only" quilt. I sew clothes a good bit too. I love having 3 grandchildren to sew for now, and they are proud of their "BonBon Made" clothes. I was a garment seamstress decades before I found quilting. I also love to make bags and have made them for gifts for family and for myself. I'm a knitter and crocheter, and like hand embroidery too... for towels and quilt blocks. I found quilting when a friend was going in for chemo treatment and I wanted to encourage her. Her quilt had scriptures about healing all over it. She said she took it with her every time she went in for treatment and it gave her comfort. After just that one quilt, I saw the possibility of ministering to people's needs with quilts. I was hooked on making them.

There are always charitable outlets for our sewing, whether it be quilts, clothes for poor children in foreign countries, toys for the fire dept. to give out when they encounter children in trauma situations. So many things to sew and so little time!

BUT, Nancy, if the passion has left you, you should find something else you enjoy doing with your time. You certainly don't have to sew. No judgement here!