View Single Post
Old 07-18-2022, 07:06 PM
MaryKa

Default New Idea for stash stuff

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
Isn't this a cute block? It's my latest prep quilt, 'Hopscotch' from Fig Tree. I used my old New Bedford bundle by Denyse Schmidt (love her fabrics!).
I like thie quilt. 2 weeks ago I was given several bags of fabric and when I arrived home, I of course had to dig thru my "new" stash and found several 9-patch squares (about 15 completed squares). Think I'll make something along the Hopscotch quilt. Thanks for the idea.
-------------------
Was also given left over quilt batting cut to about 2" wide strips. Think I'll make a new Catheral Window quilt. I like to put a bit of batting under the small block so it will be warmer than if no batting was used. MyLord knows exactly what I need for my nest quilt and always provides it for me. Catheral Window quilt was one of the first quilts Momma showed me so many years ago. Loved the fact that when it was finished it did not need to be placed on the frame.
-------------------
Also found a beautiful Bald Eagle pic that I'm going to make into a quilt. This will be my own design and will remain in my home. I saw "Baldie" when I was a kid and fell in love with him. He had to live out his life in a cage due to being shot in the wing and left to die. Rangers followed the sound of the shot and were able to save Baldie's life but he seemed so sad just sitting in that cage. I'm going to name the quilt "In Baldie's Honor". He will be free as he was meant to be.

Last edited by MaryKa; 07-18-2022 at 07:08 PM.