Thread: Boom 28 Holly
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2022, 03:23 PM
Lstew2212

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
We have had a little Free library for about 10 years. During the pandemic we loaned out over 1000 books one year when the schools and libraries were closed down. The thrift stores were closed down too! We had to rely on donations and we ordered books online. Our library. Holds about 90 books, It’s geared towards kids, with only the top shelf holding paperback adult books. It was really good to have a way to contribute to the community during the pandemic.

We have also been the ‘Halloween Book House’ for many years. We get about 70 kids. I have about a 100 books for them to choose from and sort them into different categories: board, picture, chapter, teen and adult. It is so much fun to hear the kids yell: It’s the book house! They get to pick out whichever book they want and we get to see all the fun costumes.

I have a dinner party on the driveway: I serve two or three different soups and bread, very simple. BYOB. We don’t drink, so I always. Have mint flavored water too. We get between 10 and 20 people for dinner. I really love Halloween.

We have a wonderful Buy Nothing group. In early October 400 books were donated for the library and the Halloween extravaganza. With the books I already had, I have enough for Halloween and 2023. It took me about 8 hours to sort them all out. It was fun.
That sounds like a great fun Halloween and party. I would have love trick or treating at your house. I love to read.