View Single Post
Old 11-22-2022, 04:53 PM
mkc

Originally Posted by bobdavisnpf View Post
I've got a lot of experience at Being A Guy and have found my preference is toward the standard-issue quilters' cottons that are not discernable prints. Solids are great. Dark themes are great but maybe mostly as counterpoint to the dozen-odd quilts already visible around the house. (well, four, but it *feels* like dozens haha)
We want to see the craftwork, we want to feel the love that you pour into your art. We want you.
Prints of machines, animals, weapons, sports players, etc are especially out. If we want to see a bulldozer, we'll go watch a Tuff Shed commercial, or rent a Bobcat to dig up the old septic system. Floral prints may hold very little interest; just about anything "licensed" (team, toy, movie etc) is also out.
My husband agrees with you completely. As does my brother. Neither want kitchy, theme, or logo fabrics. Both like rich solids or geometric/non-florals. No "team colors". Neither like scrappy, either. My brother-in-law's favorite is one that has warm, earth-toned, tapestry-like prints with a warm white background fabric. He and my sister-in-law actually hung it in their house as a focal piece of art.