View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 10:43 AM
tallchick

Originally Posted by Still Sew N View Post
Well after 37 years in one home - that we built, including an awesome sewing room, we sold and left the state. Yes, another CA refugee. So our new home to us has a full basement. My husband says "this will be your new sewing room". What a lucky gal I am!! Not one, but two sewing rooms in my lifetime. My husband is a great woodworker and is all about custom cabinetry. We actually removed and moved a lot of the cabinets he had built in other home. They were so specific to sewing and I knew I would need them in new location. So happily, I am faced with a new floor plan, a new layout and new ideas. Since I enjoy painting, crafting, card making, this new area will include these areas for these hobbies as well. I love this mission organization section and always read thru all the ideas. So my 2023 plans will definitely be re-organizing. Before we moved I went thru my collections of everything and surprisingly got rid of quite a bit. But what I moved with, I know I want to keep. I will be so busy! A hard part is that I haven't been able to sew for over 6 months. It is all patiently waiting to be unpacked and put to use again. New year, new sewing room and a move that although we are both 66 years old - it was a healthy move to make. Yes, we moved us. Looking forward to all kinds of new adventures in our home and state!!
How exciting! I have my Zen Den in the basement of my house and I love it! You’re very blessed to have such a talented hubby who supports your passion. Please share photos so we can share in your excitement! Congratulations!