Old 12-31-2022, 04:24 PM
petthefabric

Thanks for all the encouragement. Long ago I learned, a sloppy job at any point gets multiplied in each successive step. The first unit pieced for clue 5, screamed about the sloppy job of 1/4 square triangles in a previous step. Had to bite the bullet and carefully trim all XX number of them and if you’re counting, it was over 100. Can’t be seen in the picture, but there are some points missing.

Then got about 3 hours sleep. When I’m tired, mindless jobs are all I’m good for. Did a bunch of deep cleaning. Between the dog’s long hair and my really long hair, all the behind-furniture gets messy.

New Years Eve and the fireworks have started. Forest fires were so risky, California doesn’t allow fireworks even on the 4th.

So then started clue 6. My heart dropped. I was out of fabric. What was I going to do? “Calm down, take a deep breath, don’t panic.” Now think. I substituted a for b. No, that’s not right, yes it is. This can’t be right. Take another look. Not there. Taking a spinning quick look around studio! Yes! Now I remember. In anticipation, I pulled it out of the drawer. Oh No! There’s not enough. That mistake I made is biting me in the #*##. Now don’t panic. Do the math again. Whew, ~20 sq inches left. It’s cut and waiting at the machine.

This is something to focus on. Then the sheets will be dry. Hopefully, I can sleep and be rested for church tomorrow.