Old 01-01-2023, 06:22 PM
petthefabric

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
Pet, I'm so sorry about your sleep issues. When I had lung cancer surgery in September I had a few days in hospital with a ginormous tube coming out under my arm leading to a big drainage machine on the floor. It was SO painful. Add to that I also have insomnia issues, so the nurse asked if I'd ever used melatonin. When I came home I tried it and it Really did help. I started with 3MG and now use 6MG. I usually sleep well until about 4 AM which is Really good for me. Can't hurt to try it? Sad to here you had lung cancer surgery. Is there more process to your healing? As to melatonin, I’ve tried it before. My insomnia is worse. Maybe I’ll try it again. Thanks

I was also introduced to tapping early this year (well now last year) which is an offshoot of acupuncture and acupressure. the app has a lot of different modules for various problems, but the months leading up to my surgery were greatly anti-anxieti-fied, don't know what I'd have done without it. I've heard many people say the sleep modules have been miraculous. OK. I give. What is “tapping”? Internet is fabulous for info. Have to research.

Based on the Big Purple Thing I assembled my central blocks this week, replacing the white neutral sashing with a patterned one from the kit I disassembled and used that for the BPT. I found looking at all the blocks assembled on FB the softer BPTs weren't so eye painful. I also reversed the tulip-y blocks just because I like geometric designs. And I haven't actually sewd clue 6 yet. Patience Grasshopper... Had to laugh! Been thinking aboutgrasshopperand Groundhog Day. They remind me I’m supposed to be the follower and a submissive student,,, so that I don’t have to relive the day over and over. I’m not willing to ‘ribbit’ and repeat sewing, so I’m following directions. Now, what does that have to do with the price of gasoline in New York? Please, just ignore me, I think I’m loosing concentration.

I am pink to Bonnie's orange, and had just enough to do a set of 8 1/2 square block sets with two fabrics.
I’m sure people scratch their head when reading my posts. I’m just going to be a fool and ask. What are “1/2 square block sets”?

your photos were nice.

Last edited by petthefabric; 01-01-2023 at 06:36 PM.