View Single Post
Old 02-02-2023, 07:46 AM
mrs. fitz

So nice of you, Toogie, to quilt it for her. It's a win/win - she loved the result and told you so, and you know you made her happy.

TE=toogie;8587649]My sister talked about piecing a top, but she didn’t like having to quilt it. I told her to get it pieced and I would quilt it for her. I was surprised, because the next day or two she text me, with a picture of these scrappy blocks she started. She said the first block took her 3 hours! I had to smile, but the second one took an hour. She doesn’t sew much, but has made about 3 quilts before. Anyway, she bought it to me and the green clover back she wanted to use wasn’t big enough. She brought 2 or 3 other fabrics she had and thought I could choose from and add to the back to enlarge it. I chose this paisley bc the colors were the color of the clover blooms in the green. I quilted my free motion meander and sewed the binding in the paisley too. Sent her a picture and she said she loves it. She called it Abstract but I would call it I Spy-lol
when pressing fabrics before quilting I found I had a spot of yellow, on my ironing board, that came from this green clover fabric. I showed her and asked if she knew what was on it and if she still wanted to use it. She said she didn’t know what it was but to go ahead with the quilting. I have no idea how to get it out. I washed it in Oxiclean and it is still there but may have lighten the spot some. I will let her deal with anymore washing because I have one of those newer washers that takes nearly 2 hours for one load that I ABSOLUTELY HATE. I like water in my tub and there is no fill line adjustment setting. I have to fill the whole tub with water to wash or just spray water on items that supposed to wash clean. I don’t like these new washers, can you tell?[/QUOTE]