View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 10:39 AM
Connie Hadba

Where to begin?

2 pillow covers (my first projects - handsewn and handquilted)
I'm American born but transplanted to Lebanon 37 years ago. My husband of 38 years is Lebanese.

1 lapquilt
I've taught English (what else do you teach when all you speak is English?) in schools all over Beirut for the last 36 years. I give teacher training workshops here; work in administration; part-time librarian. (Life is full.)

4 baby quilts (all given away to relatives)
I have two wonderful boys both living and working in the US now. They grew up here speaking Arabic, English and French. I only speak English and enough Arabic to confuse anyone trying to figure out what I am trying to say. My mother-in-law, who only speaks Arabic, taught me to cook Lebanese dishes, so when I cook, I think in Arabic. (Go figure :wink: )

1 queen sized quilt
My elder son, who has his doctorate degree in biochemical engineering and is head of research at his company, is getting married this summer. My husband, who has not been to the US in 35 years, and I will be attending the wedding. :) My younger son will be graduating this summer with a Master's degree in Psychology.

5 wall hangings -2 of those in progress
Love to read (it's the librarian in me); love to write (it's the English teacher in me); love to garden (it's the country girl in me); love to quilt ! (inherited from my grandmother).

1 twin sized top (finished but never quilted)
Learned to quilt here in Lebanon, where it is not traditional, from a marvelous 75-year young Lebanese woman who speaks nothing but French (a language I do not understand). We communicated by sign language and hands on. Thank goodness we both have a sense of humor. :)

Connie