Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 247 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Thread: [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by okie
    the only info i'm keeping is the date made and the number of pieces - i don't want to know the hours spent - just the fact that its going to take 18 months is overwhelming enough.
    Boy do I agree with this!
    the longest time i've ever spent making a quilt, before this one, was 4 months.

18 months is gonna kill me

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
    Klue, is there going to be a picture only thread once we start, or can we set them up on flicker like was done with the doll swap quilts?
    i think we should all set up a flicker thing for sure. i'm going to PM admin when the time draws near and ask him how he wants this dealt with because i've seen him say many times that we just can't post too many quilt pics and WIP pics.

maybe he'd like to have a perm record on the forum for future users - but either way we all need to set up a "flicker" type of account for our janes.

Thanks Klue, for the advise... I think you are right about picking a whole different colour from the background...

And Suze, your fabrics are beautiful! I thought of purple and red also whit that fabric woud be nice.

What is flicker

Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Hi , Just looked on the box as i purchased from JoAnns its says:

System requirements: Microsoft Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows Millennium Edition, or Windows XP.
    64 MB of available RAM 575 MB of availabel hard disk space. 16 bit/high color monitor capable of 800 x 600 resolution. Internet Explorer 5.0 or hi8gher, CD-ROM drive.

Hope that helps. Elle
    I have Windows Vista will that work??

What is flicker
    A website for posting pictures

Is it hard to figure out? I'm struggling to do the software the way it is. I'm with Kelly, wish we were closer together to help one another out when we have questions.

Love the block and triangles already done!

Thanks for organizing this Klue!! I am definitely in for this one--it should be a real learning experience!! So, count me in for this one!!

Quote Originally Posted by STAR

System requirements: Microsoft Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows Millennium Edition, or Windows XP.
    64 MB of available RAM 575 MB of availabel hard disk space. 16 bit/high color monitor capable of 800 x 600 resolution. Internet Explorer 5.0 or hi8gher, CD-ROM drive.

Hope that helps. Elle
    Sorry I am not an expert on this kind of thing, there is a help section in the software, I will try and get an answer if nobody else comes up with it for you.

Elle

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by STAR

Hope that helps. Elle
    i'm not 100% positive but i believe Vista (insert MS) fixed Vista so that previous window based software would work on Vista.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Janstar
    Is it hard to figure out? I'm struggling to do the software the way it is. I'm with Kelly, wish we were closer together to help one another out when we have questions.

Love the block and triangles already done!
    if you mean, is flicker hard to figure out, the answer in no. Flicker works in much the same way as we upload pics onto this site.

you just attach the file and hit upload and your pics are saved there.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by montanaquilter
    Thanks for organizing this Klue!! I am definitely in for this one--it should be a real learning experience!! So, count me in for this one!!
    i know how much you've enjoyed doing the DJ swaps so i'm so glad you're able to join in with this party.

Here's M8, Enchanted Square. 35 pieces and not too hard at all. Fun! I was'nt going to show it but someone said they wanted to see so here ya go. I'm working on a few of them now because I work and I'm a little afraid of falling behind.

I'm trying to stick as close to DJ's colors as I can.
    Name:  Attachment-54785.jpe
Views: 52
Size:  48.2 KB

That looks great!

Blog Entries
    Suzic, I love your fabrics and agree...add purple, it will look fantastic!

Jan, I love your block...great job. I guess we know who will have all the 1st few weeks completed ahead of time!

And I love the 30's fabric in the Jane blocks too! Oh...such decisions to make!

I would think that admin would rather we post pics here on the board rather than going away and using flicker. I'm not sure there will be an entire slew of them...surely not more than the IRR and we post pics of that on here. There may be some that miss out seeing the pics if we post them outside the threads. Just mho tho... :D

Banned
    jan the block looks great!

Banned
    i like the idea of keeping an entire set of pics of my blocks some where else aside from the forum so that i can access/view them all as a collection no matter where i am and i can send the link to friends to view instead of having them try to find them on this forum.

Blog Entries
    Klue...you can always do that no matter what :D I keep separate pics up for friends/relatives too that don't involve the board.

Banned
    yes, but if we set up a "Dear Jane Cyber Block Party" account on Flicker that we all have access to we can each make an album inside that account with all the pics of just our blocks yet we can look at all the albums as a whole too.

this forum is very clunky and you can't set up photobooks. we'd have to scroll thru tons of pages or tons of threads to get an overview of all the various quilts.

we can keep the tutes and a photo of the finished block here but i think having a Flicker account would be great to quickly see everyone's blocks/quilts.

Klue I don't know anything about Flicker but your idea is worth looking into. I like the idea of looking at blocks or albums as a whole.

I like the idea of a flicker (or similar) album as well. It will show just the pictures, not pages of comments, so will be easier to browse the photos of each person. There's going to be a lot of photos, so keeping it simple will be important.

Banned
    we still have to keep stuff here though too, for all the forum friends to look and learn from.

the tutes would work best here.

Banned
    Klue I don't know anything about Flicker but your idea is worth looking into. I like the idea of looking at blocks or albums as a whole.
    this is flicker and i did a general search "dear jane" so hopefully that will translate to the link and you can see all the dear jane pics that people have up. we would set up an account just for the DJ Cyber ladies

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=dear+jane

That is beautiful Janstar!

And thanx Elle and Klue! I just asked since I saw the post listing what it was compatible with, was worried when I didn't see vista listed cause I really want to try doing this DJ!!

Well, I have ordered the software. Had to jump in to add that because I haven't gotten any updates again. Wish I knew what the problem was with that.

Page 10 of 247 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 60 110 ... LastLast