Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 247 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

I have Windows Vista will that work??[/quote]

I, too have the dreaded Vista :lol: and while I had several problems with hardware and software, this is not one of them. I ordered Dear Jane and worried it might not work, no problems. Hubs surprised me with EQ6 and I've had no issues with that either. They work great! :D :D

Buddy's mom, Jennifer, and Janstar love your blocks/triangle. You GO girls!!

Funny thing, I added my last post, and then checked my messages, and I had 5 updates for THIS thread! Curiouser and curiouser!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shemjo
    Well, I have ordered the software. Had to jump in to add that because I haven't gotten any updates again. Wish I knew what the problem was with that.
    well we always love to hear from you and there's always some jane talk going on.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Janstar
    Here's M8, Enchanted Square. 35 pieces and not too hard at all. Fun! I was'nt going to show it but someone said they wanted to see so here ya go. I'm working on a few of them now because I work and I'm a little afraid of falling behind.
    i think its a go idea to get a jump on things if you think you might fall behind.

the schedule is really tough during the winter/spring and won't let up until mid june.

it wouldn't hurt to do the easier blocks in those months now that way you can just focus on the hard stuff when it comes up. i think the applique blocks are the toughest.

once you get your groove with PP you can do just about any PP block.

Banned
    just a heads up for people

i've started to redraft some of the applique blocks into paper piecing patterns like......

A11
    A13
    B5
    C2
    C7
    E6
    H2
    I7
    I10
    J1

and i'll be working on some more. when these blocks come up in the rotation i'll make sure the PP Patterns are available to everyone who would rather PP those blocks.

i want to thank everyone for their help/advice about my printer.
    i did figure out the problem though.....it was my printer. :evil: when i got my new computer i really liked my old printer/scanner/copier so have been using that one. it is at least 8 years old. :oops: went to wally and bought a new printer/scanner/copier and it works great. now i am ready to rock and roll. :lol:

THANX so much retrogirl02!!
    I can;t wait to order mine, still have to wait a couple of weeks :(

I did the same thing Luv. I really liked my 8 year old printer and did'nt want to part with it and it was screwing up. My DH went to town and came home with a new one and I have'nt had any trouble since. Except with the operator!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly, that will be great! PP and I seem to get along ok. I think I'll be spending more time on triangles than most of the blocks.

I too work ( I'm thinking most of us do). I'm away from home at least 50 hours a week. I didn't feel right getting started before the party started. You know that's how OKLA gots its nickname the Sooner State (it wasn't from the football team) it was from those that went ahead of the start time for the land run. That's how some Okies got prime land because they started Sooner than others, but if you're giving us the go ahead..... :shock: I more than likely will wait, but it's good to know we can start early if we need to. I'm anixous and worried at the same time that I might not be able to do some of the blocks in a timely manner, but with that week off, I think that will help alot. Klue if things get too rough I may have to borrow the money to ride a bus to NY. I don't fly, never have :lol:

thanks Jan. DH thinks it was just the operator as well till i showed him what it was supposed to look like. i found a nice little pp instructional on line and tried it and now i think i can handle pp. am going to try my hand at applique next. 8)

from one okie to another hi Okie

luvmortherest
    What part of Okla are you from.

Tecumseh

You're not too far from me. I live south of Chickasha.

great

I'm waiting to start too. I have so much to get done, I don't see how I can squeeze DJ blocks in...Plus, I want to really focus on that once it starts, so that's why I'm gonna wait!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmortherest
    i want to thank everyone for their help/advice about my printer.
    i did figure out the problem though.....it was my printer. :evil: when i got my new computer i really liked my old printer/scanner/copier so have been using that one. it is at least 8 years old. :oops: went to wally and bought a new printer/scanner/copier and it works great. now i am ready to rock and roll. :lol:
    well, thats just wonderful news. now you're set to make 225 blocks/triangles/kites.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Janstar
    I did the same thing Luv. I really liked my 8 year old printer and did'nt want to part with it and it was screwing up. My DH went to town and came home with a new one and I have'nt had any trouble since. Except with the operator!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly, that will be great! PP and I seem to get along ok. I think I'll be spending more time on triangles than most of the blocks.
    i'm going to transfer what ever triangles i can into PP but they aren't as flexible as the blocks are.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by okie
    I too work ( I'm thinking most of us do). I'm away from home at least 50 hours a week. I didn't feel right getting started before the party started. You know that's how OKLA gots its nickname the Sooner State (it wasn't from the football team) it was from those that went ahead of the start time for the land run. That's how some Okies got prime land because they started Sooner than others, but if you're giving us the go ahead..... :shock: I more than likely will wait, but it's good to know we can start early if we need to. I'm anixous and worried at the same time that I might not be able to do some of the blocks in a timely manner, but with that week off, I think that will help alot. Klue if things get too rough I may have to borrow the money to ride a bus to NY. I don't fly, never have :lol:
    thats what the week off is for - to catch up, regroup, work on other things, fix a block that you just can't stand.

and don't worry, i fly so i'll come to you.

Banned
    i'm not starting early but i've kinda started early.

i made a handful of blocks to make sure the fabric was working (some wasn't - had to toss them and buy more - poor me).

now i'm redrafting some applique/tricky type blocks to be paper piecing friendly.

then i'll start the actual block rotation in December - this way i can get the paper piecing order up for the people who only have the book and i can make the tutes for all the applique blocks.

i'd like to maintain a 2 week head start on the group so that i have everything ready to be put on the forum in time for you guys.

klue, you are so wonderful and helpful to everyone.

thank you

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmortherest
    klue, you are so wonderful and helpful to everyone.

thank you
    i'm happy to do it. i love the idea of a virtual quilting group - people from all around the world working together to make that once in a life time quilt.

Once in a lifetime is right! lol

I've had a practice run, and it went well I think. Not sure why this doesn't look square, it must be the camera angle. I had a wee panic after I downloaded the photo, had to rush back in my sewing room and check that it was actually square! ;-)

Done using needleturn applique.
    Name:  Attachment-54846.jpe
Views: 44
Size:  28.2 KB

I have another question, and sorry if this has been covered before....

are we putting the blocks together in order at the end? In which case, we need to maybe label each block as it's done?

Page 11 of 247 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 61 111 ... LastLast