Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 111 of 247 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 110 111 112 121 161 211 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 6168

Thread: [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Super Member Sheree from Chicago's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Esqmommy
    sounds good...any other names?

"Our Janes Cyber Sew"
    "Jane Stickle Cyber Sew"
    "The Cyber Sew"
    "Quilt from He-- Cyber Sew" LOL, no, too negative, but it feels like that right now!
    Lets get really negative......how about Dear Pisser!!!

There are ways to keep it going, and I believe we can do it within the Board's parameters...let's keep the faith ladies!
    I'm with ya!

Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    1. This topic will be temporarily locked to give everyone time to read this before it gets buried in more pointless hysteria. it'll open back up in a few days.

2. we have not deleted any tutorials. we surgically deleted specific items within tutorials and topics that should not have been put there.

3. we have not forbidden tutorials related to this BOM activity. we advised that detailed step-by-step tutorials be limited to those blocks which are clearly and without-a-doubt firmly planted in the public domain.

4. we further advised that tutorials could safely focus on the techniques necessary to successfully making specific blocks if there was any doubt about whether or not the specific blocks in question were firmly in the public domain and not protected by copyrights.

5. we have NEVER proposed closing down this BOM activity. the sole purpose of doing more research and modifying advice regarding procedures was to make sure the activity COULD, WOULD and WILL CONTINUE.

6. the mutual support, encouragement, and education will continue. nobody is going to be left "dead in the water" with expensive supplies they can't put to good use for this BOM activity. we can still ask and answer each other's questions.

7. if you plan to privately exchange any information or resource materials we have recommended not be exchanged publicly kindly do not discuss that intention publicly. when you discuss such intentions here, it drags the board into those plans. we are not the arbiters of your conscience. we are here to ensure the board can continue to operate to the greatest mutual benefit while observing legal and ethical requirements as we understand them.

7. Admin is still doing more in-depth research so we can make sure the procedures grant the widest possible freedom to exchange useful information while also protecting all of us from accidental violation of copyrights, etc.

8. we don't have a lawyer on retainer. we will occassionally make mistakes. guess what. as we figure that out, we'll fix them.

9. please don't make mountains out of molehills. keep working on your blocks. keep posting your pictures. keep helping each other. keep the fun going.

10. there is no cause for alarm. there has never been any cause for alarm. it's all going to be just fine.
    Thank you Patrice.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    Quote Originally Posted by Janstar
    Blue, I missed what hex you are making. Is it a quilt and could you show a pic please?
    Ages ago I bought a couple of tube rolls of batiks... I picked a size of hexagon so I could get 4 out of one square of batik. And in each tube there's 80 squares of 40 different shades. All up I think I have 6 or 7 tubes. That adds up to a LOT of hexagons. LOL

What I'm doing is just putting the shades together, so the colour will shift randomly across the quilt.... the reds will fade into purples and blues, across into greens and yellows.... it will be random but with a bit of a plan. If that makes sense!

:-)
    Oh wow Blue this is gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    I've started Week 4's thread.... for pictures and questions and hints. :-)

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-34651-1.htm#740226
    Thank you Blue - you are a dear!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda
    There are sites online that show the blocks. I am not going to buy the book or the software. Help with how to make the blocks is available. Just let Klue or me know if you need help.
    You rock girl!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ginabelle
    Hey y'all, I just wanted to drop in and say what an inspiration you have become to me. I've been lurking on this board since the end of the year and after reading EVERY post in the all the Dear Jane threads I have to get involved. I want so much to make a DJ and realize that without having a group of friends, chances are it will never happen.

It will take me a few weeks to get my stuff together and get caught up, but hopefully I can get there before Valentine's day!
    Yeah Ginabelle! Another Dear Jane quilting friend.........or are we calling it Damn Jane? LOL Can't wait to see your fabric choices. It is very addicting. I'm doing a red, white and blue but after seeing everyones fabric choices, there are many more I want to make now too. Hugs, Sheree

Quote Originally Posted by Ginabelle
    Oooh, I'm so excited! I just ordered my DJ software and rulers. I'll be off to Hancock Fabrics tomorrow to get fabric. I'm not sure what just yet, kinda leaning towards batiks with bleached muslin, maybe. Or maybe bright mods with black. Or maybe CW with unbleached muslin. Oh boy, I think I'm in trouble :lol:
    Maybe you should pack a lunch as agonizing over which way to go with fabrics can be a lengthy thing, At least it has been for me., :

[quote=PatriceJ]if you're making small blocks ... say ... 6" finished or less ... you should consider trimming your seam allowances to less than 1/4".

if you do foundation piecing or plan to echo quilt close to both sides of the seams, a 1/8" allowance should remain sturdy throughout the years. otherwise, i'd recommend 3/16" or thereabouts.

the narrower allowances will leave more "quiltable" surface.[/quot]
    I agree with Patrice in going 1/8 seam allowance.Next I have to decide if taking the paper off once the sections are domplete to put together would sits better eithout all the bulk of the paper. and no matter how perfect I pin where things have to line up, the bulk often has a tendancy to get thrown off kilter. Maybe less bulk from pasper would be work a try!

Quote Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    greetings all

i've missed you all so very much!!!

DH goes in for his medical tests and procedures today and after that i'll be able to spend more time here.

since PM isn't able to send out mass messages can you guys PM me your email addresses this way i'll be able to write everyone without having to send out 75 PMs.
    Yeah you back! Hope DH is OK and nothing serious. We need our fearless, smart, hard working compassioknate leader!

Quote Originally Posted by ai731
    I found out from a lady at my Guild that there's a local church group where the ladies will hand quilt a quilt in return for a set donation to the church. I don't know if they'd be willing to do a Batik Jane like mine though - batiks are notoriously hard to hand quilt because of the tight weave of the fabric (or so I'm told - I'm only just learning to hand quilt). There are a few long-armers in my area, though, so that's an option for me too. I'll have to look into it further.

Jan
    It will cost more money but you can have it stitched in the ditch which I think will accentuate the blocks, but I'm sure at a heaftier price than an allover design. My longarmer friend that does my quilts said she will not quit the Damn Jane. I have to find out if she was seriois or kidding! LOL

Just getting back after a two week vacation I am finally caught up with all these pages of communication. It seems we have gone through a very tense and upsetting time here with this project.
    My gut feeling is that all will be well. We are a group of wonderful woman building friendships from all over the world while helping each other create this fabulous quilt that we may or may not be able to accomplish on our own.
    I think the bottom line here is that our motives behind what we are doing are good and pure in helping each other along this creative path.
    Klue is a leader that is extremely gifted, and generous of her time in trying to make this the best experience it can be for us. There is no doubt in my mind that Klue will regroup, come back strong and with the help of those closest to her and similiarly gifted we will be back on track in no time. Just my thoughts.

Hi all,
    End of summer holidays for me, back to school, so I'm a bit behind. I've back-read all the pages, but am not sure. Are there to be no more tutorials? What a pity. Are people still powering along, up to date?
    By the way, happy Australia Day for Jan. 26th!

Quote Originally Posted by sonwest
    Hi all,
    End of summer holidays for me, back to school, so I'm a bit behind. I've back-read all the pages, but am not sure. Are there to be no more tutorials? What a pity. Are people still powering along, up to date?
    By the way, happy Australia Day for Jan. 26th!
    I am such a dope - just found the other forum pages with pictures etc. Very much appreciated everyone, even though I am only up to week 2!

Sheree, it's lovely to hear your upbeat attitude about the group, I think we will keep on going as well, but don't understand why such an innocent pastime should be caught up with copyrights etc. Modern Life eh! Talking of blunders, I wondered what the mark on my block was and found that i have ironed not pressed it, and dragged a pin all through the non-stick coating - well it didn't stick on the plate long did it?!? LOL?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheree from Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmortherest
    i am making sure that i keep myself busy. got some not so good news from DH's doctor.....his new liver is trying to reject and his kidneys are not up to par. between DJ and the baby quilt that i need to have done by august i hope to keep very busy to keep my mind off of things :roll:
    I'm sorry you are going through such a hard time. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs, Sheree
    thank you sheree

How is your DH dong Luv?

How is your DH dong Luv?
    he is doing quite well thanks for asking. we are still having rejection scares but i am confident that this too will be taken care of.

So good to hear! I've been thinking about him and wondering. I'll keep good thoughts going out!

So good to hear! I've been thinking about him and wondering. I'll keep good thoughts going out!
    thank you very much ((((hugs))))

hey, ladies...can anyone recall where that spreadsheet for around the world is on this thread...or was it one of the weekly threads. This was quite recently, and then the lady that posted it said it was labeled wrong, and would get back with the updated, corrected version. I have looked and looked. Help. It looked like a great planning sheet for some upfront planning of colors.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions, via either PM or email. Blue Chickens don't have teeth, so I won't bite, honest. ;-)

Attention to all the Cyber Block Party Participants:

The show is still on...we are still doing the Cyber Party. I know there have been some questions going around and curiousity. If you want to know if KLue is still participating...which seems to be the question I am asked most often, I would URGE you to contact her directly with a PM.

As for me, well, I'm going to attempt to lead us in the remainder of this project that was started. I can't see abandoning all this hard work on our Board, so I URGE each of you to contribute as much as you can. We are going to continue with the weekly photos and will just have to have tutes that deal with special issues around the block creations. I think by now, there is very little that each of you need that much help on! If you have a question about a pattern, how to put it together, etc., I am happy to respond on the forum or by pm, or by email. If you don't have my email address, please PM me and I'll send it to you. I have no intention of doing anything to violate the existing copyrights and trademarks by the author of the Dear Jane book. We can do this project without doing that!!

So, any questions for me? Send me a pm
    Any questionss for the group? Post 'em.

Stitchfully yours,
    Esq

Blog Entries
    I'm just getting started with mine....this thread and the others are what first introduced me to Jane Stickle's quilt, and are responsible for me wanting to make a semi-reproduction of it.

I can't believe that anyone who truly loves that quilt would prohibit anyone from helping others to make it!

Blog Entries
    I haven't let it stop me, but I refer to it now as my Jane Stickle quilt, which as far as I am concerned, it is. I've got a fair way along the way, so I too am willing to help with questions if anyone has a problem.

Page 111 of 247 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 110 111 112 121 161 211 ... LastLast