Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 12-27-2009, 05:31 PM

This is getting very exciting!
Old 12-27-2009, 05:42 PM

I have my schedule in front of me. When it says Jan 4, that when we start. Then start the next set Jan 11, etc. We post after we finish each week The drawing is based on 6 weeks. We can work ahead once we start Jan 4, right. I doubt I work ahead, but just getting clarification.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:50 PM

I washed all my fabric today except for a new piece of pale lavender that I just got for some background today. I am going to be making my blocks 6 in though so my quilt will be queen size.
Cher
Attached Thumbnails attachment-61078.jpe  
Old 12-27-2009, 05:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by okie
I have my schedule in front of me. When it says Jan 4, that when we start. Then start the next set Jan 11, etc. We post after we finish each week The drawing is based on 6 weeks. We can work ahead once we start Jan 4, right. I doubt I work ahead, but just getting clarification.
yes, people can work ahead - thats why i put out the entire schedule for every block/triangle/kite.

we all have lives outside of quilting (although sometimes i wish i didn't) and if you have a vacation, family function, crazy season at work, etc - the idea was for you guys to look up what blocks would be due then and work on them ahead of time so you could meet your other life obligations.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:01 PM
Banned

to qualify for the fabric give away.....

at the end of every work period (we're on a 6 weeks on 1 week off work schedule) there will be a fabric give away.

you must post finished pics of that work periods blocks/triangle/kites before the week of rest (you can not use the off week to qualify).

for example this 1st work period starts jan 4th 2010 and ends feb 14 2010 - so you will need to have all the work finished for that period and pics posted by feb 14 2010 to be entered into the drawing.

i will put all the names onto paper strips and place them in a hat for DH to pick one from.

the prizes will vary every work period but it will range from hand dyed/painted FQs and hand dyed/painted center motifs.

i will post pics of that periods prize in the chat thread no later than the 3rd week of each work period.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:05 PM
Banned

cher

the fabric is just beautiful - i just love batik fabric.

i found a really good sale on batiks the other day. i ordered a bunch but they haven't arrived yet so i can't speak about the quality but the site says its bali batiks for $1.99 a yard.

here's the link

http://www.fabricdirect.com/acatalog...on_Prints.html
Old 12-27-2009, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
to qualify for the fabric give away.....

at the end of every work period (we're on a 6 weeks on 1 week off work schedule) there will be a fabric give away.

you must post finished pics of that work periods blocks/triangle/kites before the week of rest (you can not use the off week to qualify).

for example this 1st work period starts jan 4th 2010 and ends feb 14 2010 - so you will need to have all the work finished for that period and pics posted by feb 14 2010 to be entered into the drawing.

i will put all the names onto paper stripes and place them in a hat for DH to pick one from.

the prizes will vary every work period but it will range from hand dyed/painted FQs and hand dyed/painted center motifs.

i will post pics of that periods prize in the chat thread no later than the 3rd week of each work period.
*claps hands excitedly*

That's all the incentive I need! LOL

I'm hoping to stay slightly ahead too... simply because I know we have a couple of rough patches coming up this year and if I get behind it will be even harder to catch up.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:18 PM

cher

i found a really good sale on batiks the other day. i ordered a bunch but they haven't arrived yet so i can't speak about the quality but the site says its bali batiks for $1.99 a yard.

here's the link

Thank you I love the batiks too.
Wow 1.99 a yard that is a deal no matter what. I hope it is good stuff I am sure it is they must just want to get the new year line in. Let us know. though.
I am done with the fabric for a bit this stuff cost me a fortune already. :oops:
Old 12-27-2009, 06:37 PM

Cher your fabric is beautiful.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by cheriffic
cher

here's the link

Thank you I love the batiks too.
Wow 1.99 a yard that is a deal no matter what. I hope it is good stuff I am sure it is they must just want to get the new year line in. Let us know. though.
I am done with the fabric for a bit this stuff cost me a fortune already. :oops:
You ain't whistl'n Dixie. I won't even say how much I've sent. I don't even have the backing yet or the batting and if I have to send it out for quilting, oh my.
How do you eat an elephant: One bite at a time. and this is definately an elephant.