Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 153 of 247 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 152 153 154 163 203 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 6168

Thread: [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Ooohhhh....I'm excited for you! What kind is it?
    It is a HQ 16, I have heard really good things about it and luckily there is a shop close to me that services HQs.

Rachel

Blog Entries
    I've heard great things about them too...you are one LUCKY girl!

congrats rachel. DH truly deserves a huge hug for telling you that you should get something fun with the unexpected money.

Super Member Sheree from Chicago's Avatar
    These are beautiful! So..... do you just cut the batting and backing a bit bigger than the block? By how much? I think this is the way to go. Then, when all the blocks are complete, it won't be such and overwhelming job to have it quilted! Do you have a pic of what you have together with the sashing and all? I've never done sashing either. I do have a lot to learn with this Jane. ABut that is why I wanted to do it! LOL

Sherree, Lacelady (Lesley) has shown how to do this, but I canīt remember where.

Lesley, are you there? tell us where you posted please I donīt think it was on this thread.

Elle

Sherree, I found it on this thread. Go back to page 224 and keep going. Theres a lot of reading on how its done. Hope that helps.

I am going to quilt mine in rows, only prob is there is one row that is finished enough to do that, so I might have to diversify and do some blocks to get a row done. I really want to get some quilting done on this baby.

Elle

Lacelady,hi your work on the JANE is geart ihave done quilts like that but did not think of diding the JANE like that nice i like it it is so simple and fast. P.S.ladies let me in you next project i like your group good work.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Sherree, I found it on this thread. Go back to page 224 and keep going. Theres a lot of reading on how its done. Hope that helps.

I am going to quilt mine in rows, only prob is there is one row that is finished enough to do that, so I might have to diversify and do some blocks to get a row done. I really want to get some quilting done on this baby.

Elle
    Yes, I'm here I posted an answer where Sheree asked the question (week 27) but for everyone, I did it on page 214 - scroll down to the bottom of this page, and on the right hand side, you can put in 214 and get there straight away.

You are right about wanting to get the quilting done as you go along, that was precisely why I started doing it - I had finished doing the applique (well, more or less) and I thought I would occupy me evenings getting some of the quilting done.

Blog Entries
    Yes I am going to start quilting too.

Yes I am going to start quilting to, where I have a run of blocks I will go for it. Will lay them out first to get an idea of colour though and cut enough batting for one row, that way I can add them on as I go along, good idea or not ???

Got to get those darned papers off first though. still waiting on my sashing material, thought it would have come today, I get so impatient waiting on the post.

Elle

Blog Entries
    just found you thanks to a message from another quilter. i am also going to join the group doing the Farmers quilt. i love hand made blocks. It will save me transporting my machine when I go into the caravan for a few days relaxation each month.

Great, welcome aboard. Have you looked through our various different weeks. You can follow our schedule or just work your own blocks. Schedule is at the beginning of this thread.

If you click on Search you can look at the weeks we have already done and any help you may need will be there. Click search and then Week 1 (thru to 27) Jane Stickle Cyber sew and they will come up.

Elle

Blog Entries
    Thank you going there now. Will hopefully catch up.

Blog Entries
    Oh goodie....more people sewing with us!! If anyone wants to see all the threads related to this Cyber Block Party...you can go to the Virtural Section, click on the Dear Jane and then subscribe to that section. All the threads are there in one place. That way is in addition to the "search" like Butterfly described. Either way gets you there.

I was hoping your sashing would come in today Elle...maybe the holiday here held it up. Where did you order it? I know I can't start quilting until I get finished with all the IRR's...so it will be August probably before I get started with that part. :cry:..I'll be behind...again...*huge sigh*....LOL!

Junior Member ProLongarmARTQUILTER's Avatar
    I'm still going strong when I Possibly can do so. I have quilted DD, DS, and FD Quilts so I have to catch up on a couple as of lately, Love doing them, Just don't say much,but I'm still with the group!!! :wink:

Super Member Sheree from Chicago's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain

Elle
    Yes, I'm here I posted an answer where Sheree asked the question (week 27) but for everyone, I did it on page 214 - scroll down to the bottom of this page, and on the right hand side, you can put in 214 and get there straight away.

You are right about wanting to get the quilting done as you go along, that was precisely why I started doing it - I had finished doing the applique (well, more or less) and I thought I would occupy me evenings getting some of the quilting done.
    Thank you Lacelady & Butterflyspain. I'm going to give this a try with your helpful tute and will keep you posted. Hugs

Patti, my sashing is still not here. I am trying to think of ways to cut down on the number of joins in my quilt. So I am going to cut long strips of batting, across the width of the quilt to size including the amount needed for 3/4" sashing strips. Will take pics. I am thinking at the moment I only have one run which is row H where I have 1 to 5 made, so I could quilt as you go these 5 blocks and leave the batting in place till I get the other blocks done. At least that way I can make a start. Clear as mud heh???

Blog Entries
    I know what you mean Elle - and I also know how frustrating it is when parcels take forever to arrive. Hang in there, it will arrive eventually.

Blog Entries
    I think I know what you are talking about Elle. I'm so happy that you and Lesley are working all the bugs out for the "rest" of us :wink: Very nice of you! :lol:

Your package will get there sometime....I hate waiting for something to come in the mail!

STILL not here, thought I would have a lovely parcel of eautiful fabric to play with, not yet. Post from England seems to take forever at the moment. It will probably arrive at the same time as the parcel of goodies I have ordered from America, crazy heh

Got more pics of the work our group are doing will post later, some absolutely fantastic work. Will give you a wink when I have posted it okay

Elle

I am so happy to see some new faces in here!! Hi everyone!!! I am not going on the same path that was outlined before, I have A LOT of catch up to do, but I love talking to the gals here, it’s so nice to have a support system when doing this quilt. No one here minds if you are off the schedule a bit, we all love seeing what you have done!! I am working on my 3rd block right now. :)

BTW, after much deliberation and measuring of our basement, hubby and I have decided to buy the HQ16 longarm machine. It will fit in our basement, but I have to move everything around for it. LOL I am so beyond excited to be getting it. I probably will eventually sell my services, but first I need to get loads of practice on it!! It will be delivered at the end of August, so I have enough time to get the basement in order. I am buying it used and I think I am getting a pretty good deal on it! Yay!

Cheers!
    Rachel

Good for you Rachel, no wonder you are so happy, I would be too. I was looking at the Gracie Mini Pinni, but it will be a while yet before I get to ordering it.

Elle

Blog Entries
    where can I find the tutorial for week 1 thank you

Blog Entries
    Sorry, Dotty, I found week 3, but couldn't find weeks one and two.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-33350-1.htm

It was named differently then. Search on "Dear Jane I9, K9, M8 & TR5 pics

The tutorial is on this link

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-32590-htm

Good luck Elle

Page 153 of 247 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 152 153 154 163 203 ... LastLast