Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 164 of 247 FirstFirst ... 64 114 154 163 164 165 174 214 ... LastLast
Results 4,076 to 4,100 of 6168

Thread: [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Blog Entries
    OR you can scroll down to the bottom of this page..look on the left and click where it says "The Famous Jane Stickle Quilt, circa 1863." That will take you to the virtual section where you can subscribe to it and it will list ALL the related threads..all the weekly threads and more Jane inspiration threads as well...

Blog Entries
    we sure like for new people to join us.

community benefactor
    Thank you all for the warm welcome. Afraid my forays into the DJ world will be a bit sporadic. Have to learn how to use the software and will try and see if I can handle taking some snaps to upload, afraid I'm not too good with the techno stuff. Cheers to all. CB

Blog Entries
    Don't worry...we're patient, and if we can help you please holler. We have the DJ software too..so maybe together we can figure out how to get the most out of it..LOL

i'm reading all the posts here and in the F J S Q, c. 1863 and i'm reading and working the lessons in the the book and cd. shooo-eee! i'm cross-eyed with all this, having also made a few virtual quilts for practice. i've found the schedule, but may start working along here ..... just as soon as i get lots of background fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by akgranny
    i'm reading all the posts here and in the F J S Q, c. 1863 and i'm reading and working the lessons in the the book and cd. shooo-eee! i'm cross-eyed with all this, having also made a few virtual quilts for practice. i've found the schedule, but may start working along here ..... just as soon as i get lots of background fabric.
    I have not heard of making a virtual quilt. Do you mean like this group a Cyber sew?. We would love for more new people to join in,we are having a blast.

Elle

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by akgranny
    Get plenty of background Granny, I used almost all of a 15 yard bolt by the time I finished. At least I picked a cheap one, I used Kona cotton natural, from Hancocks of Paducah and it was really nice to work with. So much so, I have just bought a second bolt for another project.

I would also like to see weeks ahead. They do look scary to me. I have this set of 6 weeks done and will post 1 picture with all together. I have very slow dial up and do well to post one picture.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovejunkandstuff
    I would also like to see weeks ahead. They do look scary to me. I have this set of 6 weeks done and will post 1 picture with all together. I have very slow dial up and do well to post one picture.
    To see the weeks we have done, go to Search at the top of the page and click. Then you will have to put in the thread which is either Dear Jane Week 1, or we changed the name to Jane Stickle Week 1 and then just keep changing the week number we are up to week 32 at the moment it will give you an idea of what the blocks look like in different colourways as well. Good luck. If you have problems Yell.

Elle

Blog Entries
    Oh lord ya'll......I started on week 37 today.randomly picked M9 from the group for that week....that Jane must have been INSANE!!!! There are 2 layers of Y seams!! :shock:...Ok...I finished it..took all afternoon...

butterflyspain: 'I have not heard of making a virtual quilt. Do you mean like this group a Cyber sew?.'

i just meant making a practice layout for the quilttop and am not familiar with the proper term; should i say digilayout? i don't know what a cyber sew wold be! lol!

thanx, lace lady, for tha advice! that's what ive been reading: lots of background! will look up hancocks.com - i've been to hancock's big store out on merrit island in central florida and had a big time! will look at my little lyc first, though.

Blog Entries
    Oh I see, you made a design on your DJ software, so made a quilt on your computer. I guess that would be a "virtual" quilt wouldn't it?? :lol: :lol:!

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Oh I see, you made a design on your DJ software, so made a quilt on your computer. I guess that would be a "virtual" quilt wouldn't it?? :lol: :lol:!
    Duh I never thought of that. Well this is a cyber sew because we all talk on the web.

Elle

Blog Entries
    I didn't think of it either Elle..so don't feel bad.

Well I did get to work on some yesterday. I think when Klue originally made the schedule, she thought that we needed to be hit over the head with some hard ones right when we get off of the "easy summer" schedule. But...I'm back in the groove now, so if I can just keep going with out all these life interruptions....:roll:

Yes this was the reason she thought we would have more time in the winter to sort out the big bad ones.

Hope things donīt get too tough for you Patti.

Elle

Blog Entries
    They will, but then again, I have all of you to whine to. Actually I finished the 3 applique ones for week 37 last night...just lack the tri...haven't had time to sew any today yet....

They will, but then again, I have all of you to whine to. Actually I finished the 3 applique ones for week 37 last night...just lack the tri...haven't had time to sew any today yet....
    Naa na de na na whose showing off then LOL

Blog Entries
    Of course I AM!!! I so rarely get to do it LOL!!!!!

:D :D :D :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    OK ladies...I posted weeks 34 and 36 for you...all you over achievers AND for you slackers...I'm going to post some group shots to get you motivated again to get going.

All of these are or going to be in the virtual section..so scroll down to the bottom of this page to go there..or if you don't subscribe already- do so!

Blog Entries
    OK ladies...I posted weeks 34 and 36 for you...all you over achievers AND for you slackers...I'm going to post some group shots to get you motivated again to get going.

All of these are or going to be in the virtual section..so scroll down to the bottom of this page to go there..or if you don't subscribe already- do so!
    Did I miss something while I was away Patti? What happened to week 35?

Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady

Week 35 was a rest week.

Everyone is coming along a treat though.

Elle

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady

Week 35 was a rest week.

Everyone is coming along a treat though.

Elle
    Duh, didn't check, sorry.

Its okay, got jet lag? Oh no you went by ferry. Can you get Ferry lag LOL

Page 164 of 247 FirstFirst ... 64 114 154 163 164 165 174 214 ... LastLast