Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 171 of 247 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 170 171 172 181 221 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 6168

Thread: [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lesley, I was the one wishing. I don't have the software & I'm hand piecing all of it. Nearly finished and not really interested in taking all the center blocks apart. ☺ Maybe in my next life, I'll get the software and play around with it. Also didn't know about the option of cornerstones as Jane's doesn't have them, & they weren't mentioned in the book, I don't think. Perhaps one of the pictured Baby Janes had them, now that I think of it. Oh, well, c'est la vie! Planning on doing Sylvia's Bridal Sampler next, but haven't decided if I'll do it by hand or machine. Will make the decision once my Baby is finished!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    Lesley, I was the one wishing. I don't have the software & I'm hand piecing all of it. Nearly finished and not really interested in taking all the center blocks apart. ☺ Maybe in my next life, I'll get the software and play around with it. Also didn't know about the option of cornerstones as Jane's doesn't have them, & they weren't mentioned in the book, I don't think. Perhaps one of the pictured Baby Janes had them, now that I think of it. Oh, well, c'est la vie! Planning on doing Sylvia's Bridal Sampler next, but haven't decided if I'll do it by hand or machine. Will make the decision once my Baby is finished!
    Sorry, Kathy, I was tired when I wrote my last message, and didn't go back to look and see who had written about wider sashings. I did cornerstones because I find it easier to get a long strip of sashing in evenly, without tons of pins, if I have cornerstones to line up with the previous row of blocks. I think you are very brave to do everything by hand, I made a couple of blocks by hand when I first got the book (perhaps two years ago?) and gave up on them.

Blog Entries
    Kathy, I can't imagine doing some of these by hand. I would have a hard time even holding some of these tiny pieces, let alone sewing them together! You must have been sitting at Jane's knee in a previous life...:D:

here is what my scrappy happy looks like so far
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    luv, those are gorgeous! What a great idea to put them up on your design boards like that! And to start sewing the tweeners and sashing to them. You are so smart! Are you quilting them as well, like Lesley did?

I managed to cut out my sashing today and pin them on to individual blocks, still have to quilt them though, but it has given me an idea of how they will look and guess what I am back to having black because the thin sashing makes them pop and it isnīt too much, just as Lesley said it would be. You clever lady Lesley.

Elle

Blog Entries
    Good for you Elle!!! I just know those gorgeous blocks are going to sing on the black sashing!

Oh, so lovely to see the progress YOU all are making. I am trying to get back, but.......

Just popping in to say hi!! I haven't given up on Jane by any means, but my HQ16 longarm has taken up some of my time and I am trying to get some tops done to practice on her. I have done 1 practice quilt and 2 regular quilt tops made by someone other than me on her so far. I am much in love!! I currently have a quilt I repaired that I made 10 years ago on her. :) :) Sooooo Lesley I hear you will be joining the HQ16 ranks soon?? (You may have mentioned this here, but I haven't had the chance to go back and read everything) Anywho congrats!! :) I plan on wokring on Jane again very soon, I just have to stop looking at the itnernet because I am constantly finding a new quilt to try out!!!

Cheers!
    Rachel

This is an order, Stop looing at quilts WE WANT YOU BACK.

Thank you, now on my knees grovelling.. LOL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by athenagwis
    Just popping in to say hi!! I haven't given up on Jane by any means, but my HQ16 longarm has taken up some of my time and I am trying to get some tops done to practice on her. I have done 1 practice quilt and 2 regular quilt tops made by someone other than me on her so far. I am much in love!! I currently have a quilt I repaired that I made 10 years ago on her. :) :) Sooooo Lesley I hear you will be joining the HQ16 ranks soon?? (You may have mentioned this here, but I haven't had the chance to go back and read everything) Anywho congrats!! :) I plan on wokring on Jane again very soon, I just have to stop looking at the itnernet because I am constantly finding a new quilt to try out!!!

Cheers!
    Rachel
    I will have the machine Rachel, but not the frame/carriage etc. as I don't have room for that. They do a version that is set level in a table, so you still have to FMQ as under a domestic, but just have the extra room. I hope to get it some time early October, but haven't had a date yet.

Hurry up and get those quilts out of your system so you can get back to your Jane.

Blog Entries
    Elle...you are too funny! We are gonna miss you when you go on holiday! You're right though...Rachael....hurry up and get back on Jane!! I love your colors and want to see it come together!

OMG I know right??? It's like a sickness. I have to stop peeking at all those yummy blogs!! My pretty fabric is just sitting all sad and lonely in a laundry basket calling out to me!!! :) :) LOL Alright, my new (small) goal is to do one block a weekend, I can do that right?

Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    luv, those are gorgeous! What a great idea to put them up on your design boards like that! And to start sewing the tweeners and sashing to them. You are so smart! Are you quilting them as well, like Lesley did?
    working on the tweeners and sashing was spur of the moment. still not sure if i am going to quilt as i go yet or not.

Blog Entries
    Well luv, with 2...you could do 1 quilt as you go and the other, just quilt the whole thing by hand, right??:D:

Yes, Rachael...you do need to quit watching those blogs!

weeeeeeellllllll since i don't have a quilting machine i guess hand quilting is the way i am going, as soon as i get the grandmothers flower garden done that i have been working on for about 7 years.

Rachel, You can do one block that will be great at least you will be back in the groove and you know how addictive they are, so one might become two, right?

Luv, you grandmothers flower garden is really lovely.

Now I am stuck both my sewing machines are not working properly, they both need a good service. So I will take them in and getthem back when I come back from holiday.

Elle

Blog Entries
    Very lovely quilt, but if it's been 7 years in the quilting, couldn't it take a back seat once more while you try and get going on the Jane again, or you will find everyone will overtake you, and you will be left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Rachel, You can do one block that will be great at least you will be back in the groove and you know how addictive they are, so one might become two, right?
    So true!! :) I will give it a try starting this weekend. :) :)

Lesley-- You'll still have a lot of fun with the HQ16, even if you don't have the frame. The neck space will give you lots of room for easy quilting. :) :)

Rachel

Blog Entries
    luv, your Flower garde quilt is lovely! How much do you lack on the quilting? I know sometimes its slow going by hand, but it makes the quilt that much more special. I think you are amazing doing that one..and Jane! :D:

Elle...I think you need to go on holiday for sure....maybe you better not drive either :lol:...but wait, is this the 3rd thing???...the IRR package (which you didn't have any control over, but are worried about none the less), the car...(thats a whole 'nother story) and now the machines! Yup...its the 3rd thing...you should be safe now.:lol:

Patti, I do hope so.

Elle

thank you everyone.

i only spend about 15 minutes at a time on the GFG so am going to try to sandwich the time in.

it is king size so i don't expect to finish too quickly as i am not even half done. i plan to devote most of my "spare" time to jane tho.

Blog Entries
    luv, I love the way you label it "spare" time...:D:

Blog Entries
    Ok..today I decided that I needed to wash some of the sashing fabric, cut some strips and decide on a cornerstone color..or not. I've laid some of her out just to get an idea. What do ya'll think? Beige, Red, or none at all?

These blocks are NOT in the right places..just grabbed out of the baggie.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Ok..today I decided that I needed to wash some of the sashing fabric, cut some strips and decide on a cornerstone color..or not. I've laid some of her out just to get an idea. What do ya'll think? Beige, Red, or none at all?

These blocks are NOT in the right places..just grabbed out of the baggie.
    I prefer with rather than without cornerstones, and I think the red ones give a warmer and more subtle effect, the beige is a cooler effect, so it depends on what you are wanting. I like your chocolate Jane whatever!

Page 171 of 247 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 170 171 172 181 221 ... LastLast