Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 191 of 247 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 190 191 192 201 241 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,775 of 6168

Thread: [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Patti, the quilt pictured is one I found on the net - I haven't even cut up his bags yet. I'm not in any hurry to get going on his yet. I still need to figure out how much fabric I need to buy. He'll get it next year. I'll post a pic of it when it's finished.

BTW, how many momma cows do you have now? Are you planning on naming all the little ones? I can help you. How does "Meatloaf," "Cheeseburger," "Pot Roast," "Ribeye," & "Brisket" sound? Not really cruel, just a subtle note about what their primary function in life will be. ;)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    Patti, the quilt pictured is one I found on the net - I haven't even cut up his bags yet. I'm not in any hurry to get going on his yet. I still need to figure out how much fabric I need to buy. He'll get it next year. I'll post a pic of it when it's finished.

BTW, how many momma cows do you have now? Are you planning on naming all the little ones? I can help you. How does "Meatloaf," "Cheeseburger," "Pot Roast," "Ribeye," & "Brisket" sound? Not really cruel, just a subtle note about what their primary function in life will be. ;)
    Great names for the new arrivals, Kathy, I think I can answer your question, cos I asked the same thing on my PDA - I think there are 14 more to come at some point, but over a spread out period of time.

Love your new avatar, the colours appeal to me a lot. I still don't think that a Senior Warden has the right to ask you to do things in your off time, and make you feel that you couldn't say no without jeapodising (sp?) your job.

How is DH settling into his new job?

Yippee, just got two bundles of fat quarters intended for my AOTH quilt. I have the book, and I have some black on order, though I don't think I have ordered enough of that -- it's Kona solids, so I don't think I will have a problem with another batch being all that different. Their quality control seems good to me.

Blog Entries
    :lol:...you are too funny Kathy! I do name all the little ones/big ones and none of them have to do with food :shock:..although I do enjoy a good burger or steak! We have 20 Mamas now.

I love your new avatar! Have you posted a bigger pic on the Avatar quilts thread?

How ya' coming on your quilting now? I'm on #116.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    :lol:...you are too funny Kathy! I do name all the little ones/big ones and none of them have to do with food :shock:..although I do enjoy a good burger or steak! We have 20 Mamas now.

I love your new avatar! Have you posted a bigger pic on the Avatar quilts thread?

How ya' coming on your quilting now? I'm on #116.
    Sorry, Patti, I didn't check when I mentioned 14 mums to be. My memory isn't what it used to be, and it was never that good in the first place!

Your table runner is really pretty Pat! The one with pinecones is mine!

Your quilt is looking so nice Meredith! Bet you are anxious is get back to it!

Blog Entries
    RE:
    The RC quilt - The Warden mentioned compensating me for my time I work on the quilt - just didn't say how!

Blog Entries
    RE:
    The RC quilt - The Warden mentioned compensating me for my time I work on the quilt - just didn't say how!

DH & new job. He seems to be settling in just fine. He has the week before and the week after Christmas off as they follow thew same schedule as the schools here in Hobbs.

I just finished quilting block #48 & the sashings all around it. My hoop holds 2 at a time, so I work in pairs. We've hit a cold snap & the arthritis is bothering my hand, so I'm not getting as much done as I'd like.

Your blocks are beautiful! - Everyones' blocks are!!!!

Played with the 10-minute block. Quite unique, huh?

Everyone - stay warm this winter! It looks to be a cold one, even way down here.

Posted new avatar (quilt not new) on the Avatar Quilts thread.

I LOVE that quilt in your avatar Kathy. Like Lace, the colors and design really appeal to me!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks, Jan. The fabric was an impulse several years ago at our annual Quilt Festival at a vendor from out of town. Even though the focus fabric is Asian, the finished top screamed "gypsy" to me. Mathieson's pattern is called the Costa Rican Cartwheel, so that's not gypsy. It also doesn't have a lick of my favorite color (yellow) in it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    Thanks, Jan. The fabric was an impulse several years ago at our annual Quilt Festival at a vendor from out of town. Even though the focus fabric is Asian, the finished top screamed "gypsy" to me. Mathieson's pattern is called the Costa Rican Cartwheel, so that's not gypsy. It also doesn't have a lick of my favorite color (yellow) in it!
    Kathy, can we have a link to your post for your avatar, I did a search, and there are hundreds. Perhaps I am having a dumb morning (not unusual). I am going to google Costa Rican Carthwheel next and see what I come up with.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady

Sorry, Patti, I didn't check when I mentioned 14 mums to be. My memory isn't what it used to be, and it was never that good in the first place!
    No worries Lesley! I do have 14 Mama's to be...I just have some others that aren't bred, plus the 2 bulls...well actually 3 bulls (the guy that bought the 1 hasn't come to get him yet)

I didn't get too many blocks done last night Kathy. I have some Christmasy stuff to do and it is tying up my time! I try to at least do a couple per day to keep me on track and to make progress though.

Blog Entries
    Kathy, I have that book! Yippee - I have been looking for a design that I could draw out on a wholecloth that I could machine quilt on. I think this might be the one.

I think yours looks so good because of the fabric colour choices you made (apart, that is, from your skill at putting it together). I would never be able to assemble that many colours, but threads woud be much more likely.

Blog Entries
    Lesley, putting the fabrics together was really easy. I look at the selvedge of the fabric and try to match the ink colors there. This was at a vendor's booth at out little local festival in 2007. This lady was from a town about 2 hours away. I had picked out most of the fabrics, but there were several gaps. Since she was going home that night to re-stock, she made notes about what I needed and matched up what she had to my needs. She is a lovely lady from the UK who was transplanted over here many years ago, but still has her beautiful accent! If I remember correctly, she was from Wales. The Asian fabric is Michael Miller and the Fairy Frosts are his, too, so they would match quite nicely. I don't usually stick with only 1 manufacturer for an entire quilt, but this one just had to be that way. The black is Kona cotton - the bestest black there is!!! We have a chain of stores called Hobby Lobby. They have the Kona and I will take a 40% off coupon and buy an entire bolt! (or whatever they have left on the bolt they have if it's not new) I used a King Tut varigated quilting thread in primary colors to quilt the curvy design between the spokes.

Isn't Judy's book the best? I have made just about every compass she has in there. My yellow avatar is the same one as is on the cover with my own design for the border.

Blog Entries
    I just posted some pics of my boss & me delivering quilts. Here's the link.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-82026-1.htm

Blog Entries
    Kathy, I like Kona black too - I just ordered 10 yards from Hancocks of Paducah - they are having a 20% off sale until the 12th if you are interested, so I got my 10 yards for about $36. It's what I will use for AOTH.

Do you wash that too? I didn't think it would run, but then I haven't put as much in a quilt as AOTH will need.

I just joined the message board and would like to know if I can get the blocks from Jan 2919

Blog Entries
    Lesley, I wash ALL fabric. I had a horrible experience with a designer fabric and ended up throwing away the whole 2 yards of it. Couldn't get it to stop running once I discovered it bled.

I sort of enjoy ironing the washed fabric - I go all zen as I iron, thinking about where it will be used. Also love touching it over & over.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by itronnes
    I just joined the message board and would like to know if I can get the blocks from Jan 2919
    I'm not at all sure I understand what you are wanting. Is Jan 2919 a person? Is it a block pattern? Oh lordy...I'm all confused..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    I'm not at all sure I understand what you are wanting. Is Jan 2919 a person? Is it a block pattern? Oh lordy...I'm all confused..
    Patti, lately I've been confused, too. Do you suppose it's because the colder temps are freezing our brain cells? However, for you, it may be because you have so many new babies!!!! Keeping all of them straight and naming them can be taxing. :)

sorry for the mistake. I meant the blocks from Jan 2010 thru now
    Irene

Blog Entries
    I'm going with the cold weather excuse! :lol:

Blog Entries
    sorry for the mistake. I meant the blocks from Jan 2010 thru now
    Irene
    You will need to purchase either the book, "Dear Jane: The Two Hundred Twenty-Five Patterns from the 1863 Jane A. Stickle Quilt" by Brenda Manges Papadakis or the software that is associated with the book. I only have the book. Most here are making their Baby Jane quilts using the software. If $$ is not an issue, I'd go for both. If it is, get the software. The book is fine, but only if you're piecing by hand or are really talented and can convert a pattern to machine sewing or paper piecing.

We would be breaking copyright laws by publishing any of the patterns or directions found in the book or on the software.

Blog Entries
    Nobody's mentioned making any Jane blocks recently - just checking, cos I know that Christmas is approaching, and preparations take precedence. I just want you all to finish, and have the lovely feeling of achievement that I feel.

Blog Entries
    Well, I am still quilting away on my little blocks and haven't stopped...so...how is everyone else coming?

Page 191 of 247 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 190 191 192 201 241 ... LastLast