Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 01-06-2010, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Brazen
I'm busy working on Week 2's blocks.... they are taking me longer, so I am glad I'm a little ahead. LOL! I spent 2 days trying to do that BR2 that came out wrong, so I'm doing the 3 blocks and will go back to that triangle when I have Klue's directions right in front of me.
Hi Brazen!
Ditto. BR2 took me into the wee hours of the morning and when I checked it with the triangle ruler it was totally off. So I have to redo it also.
Another one that I worked on last night (E12) has to be redone. That center strip with all the tiny pieces was just too bulky with the paper and was totally off. I may not PP when I redo the center.
Other than those two, I am enjoying these tiny little blocks. I am determined, with Klues help to PP as much as possible.
It's looking like H4's center may need to be appliques, and also D3 looks like it is going to be a bit of an applique "pisser". LOL
Old 01-06-2010, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
For reducing bulk I am pressing my seams open. I use a very small stitch when paper piecing, 2.0 on my Viking, so that it is secure and tears easily. I am using Carol Doak (sp) paper I ordered online for another project. I'm going to need more though. What is the vellum like? The paper I have is pretty thin and tears easily, not in a bad way.
i prefer the vellum paper over carol doaks but i know many people love her paper.

the paper is actually called Neenah Paper UV/Ultra II 17 Weight in Radiant White.

the paper tears away with total ease and i like that you can see thru the paper.

here's a link so you can see how translucent the paper is

http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/sto...3&Item_ID=1087

its much cheaper to buy it by the ream then it is to order it from the above link.
Thanks for the site. I ordered some of this paper. Also would like a couple of her patterns too!
Old 01-06-2010, 11:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sheree from Chicago
For reducing bulk I am pressing my seams open. I use a very small stitch when paper piecing, 2.0 on my Viking, so that it is secure and tears easily. I am using Carol Doak (sp) paper I ordered online for another project. I'm going to need more though. What is the vellum like? The paper I have is pretty thin and tears easily, not in a bad way.
i prefer the vellum paper over carol doaks but i know many people love her paper.

the paper is actually called Neenah Paper UV/Ultra II 17 Weight in Radiant White.

the paper tears away with total ease and i like that you can see thru the paper.

its much cheaper to buy it by the ream then it is to order it from the above link.
Thanks for the site. I ordered some of this paper. Also would like a couple of her patterns too!
i like her patterns too. she makes really nice fabric for Blank - thats how i came to know her.

she was at our guild show and i have an optical illusion quilt in the show with fabrics all from her Radiant collection.

so she came over and introduced herself and took pics of the quilt.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Sheree from Chicago

i like her patterns too. she makes really nice fabric for Blank - thats how i came to know her.
she was at our guild show and i have an optical illusion quilt in the show with fabrics all from her Radiant collection.
so she came over and introduced herself and took pics of the quilt.
Awesome. Did you post your quilt? I don't remember seeing it.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
I'm doing a diary as we go, with each block named, a piece of the fabric and date, etc. notes about what I'm doing...not much written so far...

I've saved a page to list the participants, so thanks for the latest list. I'll put it into a word document, print it, and paste it in my diary.
That's wonderful! I'd love to do that but I'm a bit overcommitted this year and already feeling the pressure to finish up 2 baby quilts, a wedding quilt, and 2 UFO's, not to mention getting starting on my Baby Jane. The software should be in today. (Please God, please!!!!)

I've been considering names for my Baby Jane. I haven't settled on anything yet but I may go with 'Confetti Jane' since I'm doing a scrappy quilt and starting it at the beginning of the new year and a new decade. Hopefully it won't end up named "Confetti Jane Goes Bust." :lol: It is NOT going to end up a UFO! (I'll just keep chanting this as I sew.) :wink:

I'm in the process of cleaning up my quilt room. Geesh, what a job! :cry: I guess I need to do it more often. I've found several bags of scraps I'd forgotten about and they are now all in one spot. Some of them are gorgeous and I can't wait to use them. Still, it might take another couple of days to get everything cleaned up and put away properly. The one thing I realize is that I need more shelves and more plastic container boxes to hold everything in! Of course, if I finish a bunch of UFOs that will free up quite a bit of space. :oops:

MontanaQuilter: Ooooh, I love your avatar!
Old 01-06-2010, 12:04 PM
Banned

this is a funny story - i made it for DH but put it in the show.

some one offered to buy it and i sold it.

this is the exact same quilt that i had to make again for DH to replace the one i sold.

i gave it to him last year for our anniversary and it hangs in his recording studio.

i'm working on another optical illusion for him that i sold out from underneath him too - he's very understanding about these things.

Optical Illusion
[ATTACH=CONFIG]63041[/ATTACH]

Optical Illusion
[ATTACH=CONFIG]63042[/ATTACH]

close up of quilting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]63044[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-63036.jpe   attachment-63037.jpe   attachment-63039.jpe  
Old 01-06-2010, 12:07 PM
Banned

tiffany

i love the name Confetti Jane
Old 01-06-2010, 12:23 PM

this is a funny story - i made it for DH but put it in the show.

some one offered to buy it and i sold it.

this is the exact same quilt that i had to make again for DH to replace the one i sold.

i gave it to him last year for our anniversary and it hangs in his recording studio.

i'm working on another optical illusion for him that i sold out from underneath him too - he's very understanding about these things.
Thanks for posting your pic. I did see this awesome quilt when you shared it with us (the pain meds I have to take for my back impact my memory). You are a beautiful person that does beautiful work! XO
Old 01-06-2010, 12:27 PM

I told hubby was doing this project by hand, and how many pieces...he hopes I will use up some of my piles.
Luv all the energy you are sharing, helps keep me warm.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:29 PM

Klue - I am drooling over here for your Optical Illusion quilt!!!!! I cannot begin to tell you how badly I want to do one of these and have for about 10 years now. Do you have a pattern you buy or are you making them yourself? Darn, I'm so envious of your hubby right now!!! (Let me wipe the drool off my keyboard before it floats away.)

The more I think about it the more I like "Confetti Jane." I'm sure I'll think of other names that I can't repeat here before I'm done with it but that's the name that will go on the label.

My local group is going to run about a month behind this one. That will give me plenty of time to do up all the blocks and discover any problems I have so that I can pass along what NOT to do when my friends attempt theirs.

I may print your illusion quilt out to hang on my design board for inspiration! (Still drooling!)