Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 214 of 247 FirstFirst ... 114 164 204 213 214 215 224 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,350 of 6168

Thread: [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Thanks Patti and Cre for your explanations sounds great and as you know I havenīt tried it, but the affect you are getting is amazing Patti.

This truly is a labour of love Patti and you are getting quicker you go girl.

Elle

Blog Entries
    Thanks Bev and Elle. I'm going to get back on it this afternoon.

Looking forward to seeing more pics of yours Bev!

Thanks for all the info on water soluble thread, I knew thee must be a good reason for it. I really have to have a go at trapunto, might do a bit on the AOTH, now theres as idea.

Right back to stitching the batting, yep I am still stitching that down. Should finish it tonight though and spray baste the backing and pin it too.

Then will think about the size of the border. I think I am going to do around 10" but mine will already have the scallops cut out, so will skip a job there.

Elle

Blog Entries
    Thats a good idea on the scallops Elle, but I was thinking that the way I a doing my border...the fabric may get pulled by the heavy thread work in the pebbles. I left quite a bit of extra fabric to quilt the actual scallops after I finish the tris. Hopefully it will lay flat...I'm crossing my fingers..I might be calling on you also (as our official best finger/eye crosser!)

Have just posted my wk 5 blocks and that RS6 really tried my patience...luckily I have a lot of that and the third try was passable :)

Have quilted about 6 blocks so far, not in any hurry for that as figure when our winter comes around would be good to do while sitting with the family.

Good for you Bev, some of those blocks are v e r y trying. One of them took me 3 hours to figure out and that was at the end. its not just the making of them some are like jigsaw puzzles to put together, anyway it was fun to make and a great learning curve.

I amnearly ready to put on my border but mine is different I didnīt like the cones so I am doing applique.

Blog Entries
    Bev, I saw your blocks and I think you did a great job on all of them! That week, they were just HARD!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Bev, I saw your blocks and I think you did a great job on all of them! That week, they were just HARD!
    And just think - now you have done those hard ones, the next lot will seem easier.

I have been planning to send mine out to be quilted all along. Have you all see Green Fairy's work? She would likely do a beautiful job on my baby.

I actually made a sleeve for my Indian Orange Peel and am just about done with a small wall hanging (a gift for a friend). I am starting to feel my little Jane squares calling - this is exciting...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Esqmommy
    I have been planning to send mine out to be quilted all along. Have you all see Green Fairy's work? She would likely do a beautiful job on my baby.

I actually made a sleeve for my Indian Orange Peel and am just about done with a small wall hanging (a gift for a friend). I am starting to feel my little Jane squares calling - this is exciting...
    Great stuff, Rachel - if you are clearing other things out of your sewing room, then you are getting ready to start again on those little babies. Good for you!

Thats great news, especially that you have got back into quilting, I tell you it was the only thing that kept me sane for some time and of course of the gals here. Looking forward to seeing all those crisp blocks of yours again.

Elle

I looked at your blog, you are doing amazing with those blocks. My advice is not to do those blocks over, when you get them al together you will be amazed at the way they all blend in.....ask me how I know LOL

Elle

Blog Entries
    Rach...I love Green Fairy's work..I'm always in awe...I want to send one of my IRR to her. I understand that her waiting list is pretty long. A couple of week ago, she was booked through August 2011. I wonder about getting a LA'er to do your Jane. I guess it depends on how you want it quilted. I'm soo happy that your blocks are calling you now!

I need some opinions. I have an idea, but wondered what ya'll come up with. I've gotten 2 sides done as far as the pebbling on my tris. I still lack doing the scallop part...how would you guys quilt the scallop? I was thinking that I would echo the scallop shape, but then ....leave that blank? Repeat some pebbles? a different pattern altogether?? Here is a pic of the 2 sides done...

2 sides done
    Name:  Attachment-129249.jpe
Views: 57
Size:  90.7 KB

details
    Name:  Attachment-129250.jpe
Views: 20
Size:  94.2 KB

details- oops, didn't see the foot! LOL!
    Name:  Attachment-129251.jpe
Views: 62
Size:  77.1 KB

Patti, she is soooo pretty! She looks really warm too!!

Visually, for me, when the fabric is the same on the scallops and the tweener, they become the same unit/block.

The pebbling is nice, maybe continue it into the scallops. If you do a third technique, it might become a little busy since there are two techniques in the tweeners.

Cute pink toed sock!!! :lol:

WOW beautiful sock Sandpat. Oh and the quilt looks great too!!
    That is just gorgeous, I think echoing the scallop shape would make the scalloping (is that a word?)stand out on it's own better.

Rach it is so good to see you.

Oh Patti, that is just to die for I love it and IMHO I would continue with the pebbles otherwise there might be too much going on.

Guess what I have a pair of socks just like that he he

Elle

Blog Entries
    I'm with Meredith and Elle, Patti, pebbling, because the scallops will just look like an extension of the between tris and that will give it a more co-ordinated look.

Blog Entries
    Ok...I agree on the pebbling..you know sometimes you just need some 2nd..3rd..4th..opinions from people who actually know what you are talking about. DH has excellent taste but has a hard time visualizing sometimes. He also doesn't think about options that I don't explain to him. But thanks for all ya'll's 2 cents!

OMG Patti -this is the first pic I have seen of Chocolate Jane and my jaw is on the floor!!! It is STUNNING - I must see it in person one of these days. Maybe that old ladies quilters home Lacelady dreamed up - we will have our baby janes to keep our old bones warm!!

Blog Entries
    OMG Patti -this is the first pic I have seen of Chocolate Jane and my jaw is on the floor!!! It is STUNNING - I must see it in person one of these days. Maybe that old ladies quilters home Lacelady dreamed up - we will have our baby janes to keep our old bones warm!!
    Great idea, Rachel - though perhaps it wouldn't be quite fair to make it a condition of entry into the home. Have you seen my PDA recently? The last few pages have featured lots of potential staff for the Home. We've had fun choosing them.

Sandpat,

I'm just getting back to my Jane triangles and thought I'd check in.

***Your quilt is FANTASTIC!!! ***

Looking great Patti!! I agree with the others about the pebbling.

I'm on the tail end of 'I' now. My poor fingers are getting calluses and going numb in places!! But it will be worth it! LOL!!!

Blog Entries
    Go JAN!!!!

Thanks Rach and Sharon. I did finish up the 4th side today and then got 2 sides of the scallops done...so I'm inching my way there....I should be able to finish the quilting in a couple more hours. I'm excited but also scared!!

Now...does anyone have any idea how much binding it takes to do this baby? I want to use the continuous cut bias and need to figure out what size square to cut for it. Also...should I cut the scallops before sewing the binding on....or sew the binding on the marked line, then cut....
    I was thinking of using the brown for binding, but might change my mind and use one of the beiges...that is IF I can figure out how much I will need and IF I have enough. Anybody good with math???? Where is Gai when you need her???

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I remember someone saying that you should sew the binding on before you cut the scallops - I think it was Eleanor Burns on one of her shows. I have only done a couple of scaoolped edges & I left the fabric alone until I sewed it on. Worked just fine! I think ou would need to stitch around the edge before cutting to keep the layers together. I'd just as soon only stitch arounf the thing once! :-)

Page 214 of 247 FirstFirst ... 114 164 204 213 214 215 224 ... LastLast