Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 31 of 247 FirstFirst ... 21 30 31 32 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Thread: [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

So this late at night I should have kept to the simpler ones, but I didn't, the good thing is that it is done,

A2, One-Two Buckle My Shoe for my DM table topper is done,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well, I have my software and my fabric. The rulers should arrive today. I'm going to use tea dyed muslin for the background and fabric from my stash for the designs. The sashing will be black. Hopefully that will make the blocks pop a little. I'm excited and nervous because I hear some of the blocks are really difficult. But I'm jumping in with both feet and see where it leads.

So instead of doing what I am supposed to be doing, I have been playing with little pieces yet again, I will have to get back to work after this, and put these to my spare time,

So here is the next one that I just finished, small pieces don't come close to describing what goes into this one,

Cutebuns they are all fabulous!

It would seem the DJ bug has bitten Cutebuns. :lol: Great job on the blocks! That last one looks like a doozy. I can't wait to get my stuff in so that I can get started with the rest of you!

absolutely fabulous

WOW QB - amazing blocks!!!

Blog Entries
    Jan, I have mostly FQ's! And I don't think that I am going to make a batik quilt. I am tempted but I have so many things going on!
    I feel dumb but I don't know what is "PM"!
    Phyllis in Mo

Power Poster
    the blocks are lovely!

sunrise450 and cutebuns!

cutebuns - are you cropping your pictures so only the "finished" part is showing?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    Great job Phyllis, though I must say I cringed when reading you aren't buying any fabric for a year. :shock: My motto is "One can NEVER have enough fabric!" :lol: I don't think I could avoid a fabric store for a year. You are a braver person than I am!
    I HAVE to do something! I really have too much fabric that is just sitting there. And I won't tell how many projects I have started. I am 72 and I don't think I can live long enough to use the fabric I do have not to count that when my year is over I know I will buy more! :D
    Phyllis in Mo

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by sunrise450
    Great job Phyllis, though I must say I cringed when reading you aren't buying any fabric for a year. :shock: My motto is "One can NEVER have enough fabric!" :lol: I don't think I could avoid a fabric store for a year. You are a braver person than I am!
    I HAVE to do something! I really have too much fabric that is just sitting there. And I won't tell how many projects I have started. I am 72 and I don't think I can live long enough to use the fabric I do have not to count that when my year is over I know I will buy more! :D
    Phyllis in Mo
    I think more than one of us can relate to that!

I am cropping the picture to only show what should show when it is together, my edges are pretty good though. it won't take much to have them match up with each other, only they are going into a table topper and not the quilt yet.

So I am stuck on them, here is the next, not near as involved as the last one, there is definitely a variety in them.

I am not sure of the applique ones or the ones that need to be paper pieced, we will see, I still have a lot that can be rotary cut.

Thank you everyone, these are fun, though I can see myself getting carried away and the way I would like to do some of them it would be easy to do more than one at a time,

Power Poster
    I really like the fabrics you are using.

Thank you, Kwhite found them I think at a garage sale and when I saw them jokingly I told her to send me some and so she did, I received a box full. I figured that with the size of print that they are that it would be prefect for them and I was right, the light was something that was just sitting there, I am hoping that there is enough to do the whole table topper, including the center hexagon pieces.

I can't wait to start the DJ. All of yours are so cool!

I have a nice long plane ride ahead of me in January. I'm going to cut out a bunch to have ready and see if I can get them through security. Anyone want to guess????

I am on a roll, at least with these ones, I have the next one done even if I don't have the embroidery machine on yet.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceNCLady
    Well, I have my software and my fabric. The rulers should arrive today. I'm going to use tea dyed muslin for the background and fabric from my stash for the designs. The sashing will be black. Hopefully that will make the blocks pop a little. I'm excited and nervous because I hear some of the blocks are really difficult. But I'm jumping in with both feet and see where it leads.
    i'm glad you're going to be joining in on the fun. don't worry about the really difficult blocks we'll all be struggling together so at least we'll have company :-D

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta
    You guys are making me look at the Dear Jane embroidery site more closely. And I need to SAVE my money. LOL!
    i hear you on that one. i love those embroidery DJ blocks. she's even started to make them in redwork.

its a shame the collection of embroidery files are so expensive, not that her time to make them isn't worth it, its just hard to spend that amount of money.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bearisgray
    Quote Originally Posted by sunrise450
    Phyllis in Mo
    i think most people on this board can relate to this statement.

I think more than one of us can relate to that!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbm
    I can't wait to start the DJ. All of yours are so cool!

I have a nice long plane ride ahead of me in January. I'm going to cut out a bunch to have ready and see if I can get them through security. Anyone want to guess????
    thats a close call - they took my little swan embroidery scissors from me last year.

Banned
    cutebuns

the blocks look so amazing! i bow before you - i would never have that precision level without paper piecing them.

klue- my travel agent said no scissors, was wondering about the needles. I could always bite the thread- although I consider that a no-no. And I guess I'll have to finger press. Now I'm thinking maybe I should just forget it. But me, 4 hours in one place- not good. I can't even watch a movie without dancing in my seat. I think I have adult ADHD.

keeping the home fire burning and waiting for my son's safe return
    Maybe you could take a thread cuter like knitters use. I have one that I took on a airplane trip with no problem. It hangs around your neck like a medallion. I think it is made by Clover.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Marinemom2J
    Maybe you could take a thread cuter like knitters use. I have one that I took on a airplane trip with no problem. It hangs around your neck like a medallion. I think it is made by Clover.
    brilliant idea, do this barbm

Thanks Klue, I tend to work a lot with little pieces, I did mess up one of the corners on this one and have to go back, warning, the rotary cutting directions on this one are a bit big, I will have to take a closer look at it when I go to do it for the quilt.

Page 31 of 247 FirstFirst ... 21 30 31 32 41 81 131 ... LastLast