Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 40 of 247 FirstFirst ... 30 39 40 41 50 90 140 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 6168

Thread: [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

I was just asking as they carry both at the one LQS and said that if it was done on a long arm there wasn't as much issue with just the bamboo, but done on the domestic machines that they prefered to use the blend. I don't get to that LAS very often, though next time I am in maybe I will talk more if they are not busy.

I was wondering about that too Elle. It's hard to see in the pictures what everyone has done.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    I have a question, how is the Dear Jane quilted. Is it in the ditch? I have never seen anything about that.
    I haven't either and wondered the same thing. Do you think Jane used cotton batting? Also, do you think it was a quilting bee that worked on it? I was just thinking that the other day...perhaps she had some help on this monster of a quilt!

Blog Entries
    Elle...I'm thinking that the quilt will call for some custom quilting in a lot of the blocks...but QID will look really good for a lot of them too. I'm going to have to look at some pics and do alot of zooming in to see the quilting on some already done.

Super Member Sheree from Chicago's Avatar
    Minkee would be another option for the back. Soooooooo soft!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    I have a question, how is the Dear Jane quilted. Is it in the ditch? I have never seen anything about that.
    here's a link to some really good pics of the original jane quilt - you can see some of the quilting that she did.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...75149609YcCYgd

then as far as what people do today, its more of a custom thing to each block, some SITD, geometric quilting in the triangles, etc.

and then there's this one which was a huge hit at houston quilt fest

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/i...view=slideshow

Super Member Sheree from Chicago's Avatar
    Thanks so much for sharing these pics Klue. I really liked the one from Houston Show. The borders were really different. Quilting was great! Hugs

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheree from Chicago
    Thanks so much for sharing these pics Klue. I really liked the one from Houston Show. The borders were really different. Quilting was great! Hugs
    i agree, i love the idea of quilting the triangles instead of doing the piecing work. its a nice play from the people who don't do triangles at all.

the quilt was pieced by someone and then she sent it to a professional long arm quilter to be quilted.

Thanks for showing that beautiful quilt from the Houston Festival. Awesome work. Really showed the quilting up.

elle

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Elle...I'm thinking that the quilt will call for some custom quilting in a lot of the blocks...but QID will look really good for a lot of them too. I'm going to have to look at some pics and do alot of zooming in to see the quilting on some already done.
    :oops: color me stupid or just inexperienced, what does "QID" mean

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmortherest
    i think thats the same as SITD, which is stitch in the ditch. its when you do the quilting in the seams ditches.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmortherest
    Yes me too, thought about it a while and think its Quilt in the Ditch. Patti (Sandpat) give us a clue lol

Blog Entries
    While we are talking quilting, and lots of people worrying about not being able to get this monster under a domestic machine and not being able to afford to have it professionally quilted, what is wrong with quilt as you go? I think this is what I might do, providing I have the time

Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    While we are talking quilting, and lots of people worrying about not being able to get this monster under a domestic machine and not being able to afford to have it professionally quilted, what is wrong with quilt as you go? I think this is what I might do, providing I have the time
    Think that could be a plan, however although I tried this method I wasn´t happy with the results, so perhaps you could give us a tute on the way you do it, Please.

Blog Entries
    Ummm...QID was my brain saying quilt in the ditch rather than SITD stitch in the ditch...so sorry to confuse. I was tired..but then again...I am confused most of the time anyway.. :oops:

Ummm...QID was my brain saying quilt in the ditch rather than SITD stitch in the ditch...so sorry to confuse. I was tired..but then again...I am confused most of the time anyway.. :oops:
    I like the "QID" better than "SITD". To me quilting sounds more professional than just stitching. So there is others of us that are confused :) .

I talked to my LQS (local quilt shop) and they can order a bolt of Kona Indigo Blue for $95. I get 20% off and if they honor my local guild membership, I should get another 10% off on top of that. Thankfully they know me and will let me pay a little bit at a time. When I mentioned I needed a bolt of fabric for the background to hubby, I thought he was going to have an aneurism right then and there. (We need an icon of a smilie hiding under a chair!) According to him, there isn't a quilt out there that requires that much for background. Then he told me the king sized quilt I have on the guest bed only took about 6 yards of fabric to make. ...Um... ROFLMBO!!!! I tried to patiently explain it had more like 20 yards of fabric in it. All I got was a glare; at which time I retreated to my quilt room for some therapy.

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    I talked to my LQS (local quilt shop) and they can order a bolt of Kona Indigo Blue for $95. I get 20% off and if they honor my local guild membership, I should get another 10% off on top of that. Thankfully they know me and will let me pay a little bit at a time. When I mentioned I needed a bolt of fabric for the background to hubby, I thought he was going to have an aneurism right then and there. (We need an icon of a smilie hiding under a chair!) According to him, there isn't a quilt out there that requires that much for background. Then he told me the king sized quilt I have on the guest bed only took about 6 yards of fabric to make. ...Um... ROFLMBO!!!! I tried to patiently explain it had more like 20 yards of fabric in it. All I got was a glare; at which time I retreated to my quilt room for some therapy.
    So how did he come up with THAT amount? Maybe - if he doesn't get overly ----
    he could "explain" it to you ????

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta
    Thanks Klue, fo posting this latest info. This looks so intriguing I bought the software and am thinking about trying it! I will be looking for Rhonda's cut down method as I failed Paper Piecing 101! You have done so much work getting this so nicely organized- I really appreciate it!
    i hope you'll join in.

did you take a class for paper piecing or did you try on your own?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kosmos
    I like the "QID" better than "SITD". To me quilting sounds more professional than just stitching. So there is others of us that are confused :) .
    i agree, i think QID sounds better and its faster to type out, one less letter - and i'm sure you guys all know NYers like to move fast.

Banned
    he sounds like my DH. i can't tell you how many times he says "you take perfectly nice fabric and cut it up and then sew it back together. why can't you just use the fabric how it is?"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    thats a good idea, i plan on showing it at our guild shows but i'd never win for it any way so i could do the quilting this way.

i'm going to dwell on this one and think about which quilt as you go method i'd like to use.

Quote Originally Posted by bearisgray
    I couldn't believe he even said that. He used to help build industrial factories and the equipment involved requires very accurate measuring so he should be able to look at a quilt and know how much the fabric measures and break it down...but maybe he isn't making the connection between wood or metal and fabric. Got me how he came up with that number. I don't think it helped that he was upset and I laughed in his face. I couldn't help it though. It just sounded so outrageous that I had to either laugh or gape at him stupidly.

Klue, what is a gal to do but love them anyway. :wink:

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by bearisgray
    I couldn't believe he even said that. He used to help build industrial factories and the equipment involved requires very accurate measuring so he should be able to look at a quilt and know how much the fabric measures and break it down...but maybe he isn't making the connection between wood or metal and fabric. Got me how he came up with that number. I don't think it helped that he was upset and I laughed in his face. I couldn't help it though. It just sounded so outrageous that I had to either laugh or gape at him stupidly.

Klue, what is a gal to do but love them anyway. :wink:
    Maybe gotta love them anyway - but some days, LIKING them is a stretch.

LMBO!!! Oh Sweety, how true! We just won't tell them that. Mostly because they might feel the same way about us. :lol:

Page 40 of 247 FirstFirst ... 30 39 40 41 50 90 140 ... LastLast