Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 82 of 247 FirstFirst ... 32 72 81 82 83 92 132 182 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 6168

Thread: [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

  1. #2026
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow, NY
    Posts
    4,780
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheree from Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    LOL If you want, we'll hassle you.... a mass email every day saying ARE YOU DONE YET? ARE YOU DONE YET? HOW BOUT NOW? ;-)

    I have a couple of reject blocks and I've made them into coasters, they look cool! And being rejects, I can put a can of coke on them and not worry when the condensation drips down. Or those pesky coffee rings cause hubby slopped my coffee when he delivered it! So hard to get good help these days :roll: *sigh*
    LOL! Now that's a good idea. I may have to do that with my reject blocks, for I imagine I'll have a few.
    I tossed my two. I don't know how it happend with PP, but one of them looked like a crooked picture hanging on the wall!
    LOL, don't actually toss those rejected blocks.

    we're all going to have a collection of rejects by the time this is over.

    i've been thinking of using my rejected jane blocks to practice how i want to quilt my acceptable jane quilt.

    i'll put the rejects together into a quilt top and do some quilting on it to find which designs i want to use on the real thing.

  2. #2027
    Super Member Sheree from Chicago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    3,039
    Quote Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheree from Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    LOL If you want, we'll hassle you.... a mass email every day saying ARE YOU DONE YET? ARE YOU DONE YET? HOW BOUT NOW? ;-)

    I have a couple of reject blocks and I've made them into coasters, they look cool! And being rejects, I can put a can of coke on them and not worry when the condensation drips down. Or those pesky coffee rings cause hubby slopped my coffee when he delivered it! So hard to get good help these days :roll: *sigh*
    LOL! Now that's a good idea. I may have to do that with my reject blocks, for I imagine I'll have a few.
    I tossed my two. I don't know how it happend with PP, but one of them looked like a crooked picture hanging on the wall!
    LOL, don't actually toss those rejected blocks.

    we're all going to have a collection of rejects by the time this is over.

    i've been thinking of using my rejected jane blocks to practice how i want to quilt my acceptable jane quilt.

    i'll put the rejects together into a quilt top and do some quilting on it to find which designs i want to use on the real thing.
    I'm going to take my week one pic to post and then put it aside to re-do. I don't quilt but your idea for blocks you will not use is the final quilt is a good one!

  3. #2028
    Super Member Quilter7x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    north east
    Posts
    8,531
    Blog Entries
    1
    LOL, don't actually toss those rejected blocks.

    we're all going to have a collection of rejects by the time this is over.

    i've been thinking of using my rejected jane blocks to practice how i want to quilt my acceptable jane quilt.

    i'll put the rejects together into a quilt top and do some quilting on it to find which designs i want to use on the real thing.[/quote]


    That is a fabulous idea! I will do the same thing and maybe make shams or something else that will coordinate with the quilt.

  4. #2029
    Super Member 3incollege's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    western Pa.
    Posts
    2,289
    I am having problems with some of the printing! I'm using foundation paper and when I print the triangles and some of the others, it doesn't fit on one sheet I have to match the blocks! Is this normal?

  5. #2030
    Senior Member Brazen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    338
    Vellum paper ladies! I need some quick advice please... I just went to Staples and they do not have the exact vellum paper you all said to get. They have one pack and it's inkjet white, 50 sheets, 29 lb for $12.95.

    I bought it as it's the only thing they have, but I can return it if you all say that will not work at all.

    I ran to Office Depot real quick and they only have 1 choice as well, and it's 30 lb. paper, 50 sheets, $9.99.

  6. #2031
    Super Member NorBanaquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    2,900
    Here's my quilt so far...

    Sorry about having to download it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  7. #2032
    bearpaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,635
    Sorry Brazen, I can't help with the paper. It does sound a bit thick. Is it as thick as regular paper?

    Nor - OMG you are so far ahead!! It looks GREAT!!!

  8. #2033
    Esqmommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tied up in Thread
    Posts
    5,153
    donna, how long have you been working on that? It's fantastic!!

  9. #2034
    cjt_mama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    N. Cali
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
    Here's my quilt so far...

    Sorry about having to download it.
    *sigh* I can't seem to look at the knowingly gorgeous quilt! :(

  10. #2035
    Super Member NorBanaquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    2,900
    Thanks Rachael! I started last June and did most of what is there. I was hand piecing so I was only doing a couple of blocks a week. When we decided that we would do it as a group I put it away so I could do it with everyone else. I am now machine piecing so I can keep up with the group.

  11. #2036
    Super Member NorBanaquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    2,900
    Quote Originally Posted by cjt_mama
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
    Here's my quilt so far...

    Sorry about having to download it.
    *sigh* I can't seem to look at the knowingly gorgeous quilt! :(

    Klue do you know how I can export the image from the DJ software as a jpeg or other uploading friendly file?

  12. #2037
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    CO., USA
    Posts
    601
    Blog Entries
    1
    Nor, that's beautiful.

    Vicki, have you gotten your fabric yet?

  13. #2038
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    60
    You have the patience of Job, Klue. I can follow directions, and that was a very definitive answer...thanks, thats what I needed. So now, do you do anything differently when its dinky pieces...I bought alot of 9*11 pieces, and several Fat Eighths bundles online. Same deal on the washing? Thanks in advance. My fabric will hopefully arrive via post by Monday. I am doing the DJ Lessons on the software...and will start the online tutorial by amma and somebody else after that. It is great to see new people hopping on the bandwagon. Welcome! Its going to be embarrassing if you all get ahead of me. LOL.

  14. #2039
    bearpaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettia
    Nor, that's beautiful.

    Vicki, have you gotten your fabric yet?
    Hey Bettia!! I just called, it did go out priority on Monday, so it should be here today or tomorrow. Which is good, I didn't want another weekend to go by without the fabric and me falling even further behind!

  15. #2040
    user3587's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Central Oklahoma
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazen
    Vellum paper ladies! I need some quick advice please... I just went to Staples and they do not have the exact vellum paper you all said to get. They have one pack and it's inkjet white, 50 sheets, 29 lb for $12.95.

    I bought it as it's the only thing they have, but I can return it if you all say that will not work at all.

    I ran to Office Depot real quick and they only have 1 choice as well, and it's 30 lb. paper, 50 sheets, $9.99.
    Return it, I bought some at Staples not for paper pieceing however and 29 lb is too heavy. I tried it when I first learned about the vellium paper. The weight needs to be around 17 I think. I know anything 20 or higher is too heavy.

  16. #2041
    Super Member Sheree from Chicago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    3,039
    Quote Originally Posted by 3incollege
    I am having problems with some of the printing! I'm using foundation paper and when I print the triangles and some of the others, it doesn't fit on one sheet I have to match the blocks! Is this normal?
    After editring, you have to click on review or preview and then somewhere in the upper bar click on move and you can then click, hold and drag to get it all on one page.

  17. #2042
    Super Member Sheree from Chicago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    3,039
    Quote Originally Posted by okie
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazen
    Vellum paper ladies! I need some quick advice please... I just went to Staples and they do not have the exact vellum paper you all said to get. They have one pack and it's inkjet white, 50 sheets, 29 lb for $12.95.

    I bought it as it's the only thing they have, but I can return it if you all say that will not work at all.

    I ran to Office Depot real quick and they only have 1 choice as well, and it's 30 lb. paper, 50 sheets, $9.99.
    Return it, I bought some at Staples not for paper pieceing however and 29 lb is too heavy. I tried it when I first learned about the vellium paper. The weight needs to be around 17 I think. I know anything 20 or higher is too heavy.
    I got some at Staples also and thought it felt a lot heavier than the paper Klue so kindly sent me samples of. Won't that be nice if this is the reason BR2 and the center strip in E-12 made me crazy and didn't turn out right? I'm glad I ordered the paper from the RaNae store Klue recommended. I almost didn't, thinking I have fifty sheets which will carry me. Now I wait for delivery, try Carol Doaks which jams, or work on that lovely applique piece D3 that I can practice being a cozy quilter with. I'm not experienced with applique but thought when I took the class for this project that it is very relaxing.
    It's like a winter wonderland here in Chicago. I love it! Have a good day girls!

  18. #2043
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    619
    Thanks for the directions on putting photos. Printed it out so can get help if I need it. Our weather is really bad but will go to Best as soon as it clears. Still haven't received my paper and the video. I bought some at Office Depot and it is too thick. Tried to cut down 17 tracing vellum as it is not printer size and it won't go through my printer. My package is on the way. Doing some of the easier blocks on the list but not happy with my work. Determined!

  19. #2044
    bearpaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,635
    WOO HOO!!!! DH just got home with a package for me!!!! I opened it up and started drooling over and petting the fabric. He nicely commented "You have issues". :lol: :lol:

  20. #2045
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow, NY
    Posts
    4,780
    sorry for not posting this afternoon.

    i'm not getting any email notifications from the forum and i signed on to see if any one was posting because i thought it was really odd.

  21. #2046
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow, NY
    Posts
    4,780
    Quote Originally Posted by 3incollege
    I am having problems with some of the printing! I'm using foundation paper and when I print the triangles and some of the others, it doesn't fit on one sheet I have to match the blocks! Is this normal?
    so far i've been able to get all the pieces onto one sheet of paper when i print.

    you do have to go into the "preview" section first and move/shift some pieces around to make things happen.

    for the triangles, i'll really had to be creative to get all the pieces to fit - some times i've got them shoved into each and every corner as far as they can go.

    try playing around with moving the pieces.

    please let me know if you need help.

    just remember - click on the move button then click on the piece you wish to move and drag it to its new location.

  22. #2047
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow, NY
    Posts
    4,780
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazen
    Vellum paper ladies! I need some quick advice please... I just went to Staples and they do not have the exact vellum paper you all said to get. They have one pack and it's inkjet white, 50 sheets, 29 lb for $12.95.

    I bought it as it's the only thing they have, but I can return it if you all say that will not work at all.

    I ran to Office Depot real quick and they only have 1 choice as well, and it's 30 lb. paper, 50 sheets, $9.99.
    i think thats going to be too thick to use for these blocks.

    the paper we're using is 17 weight so its a big difference.

  23. #2048
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow, NY
    Posts
    4,780
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
    Here's my quilt so far...

    Sorry about having to download it.
    OMG!!!!

    its just so stunning - i'm grinning from ear to ear!!

  24. #2049
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow, NY
    Posts
    4,780
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
    Quote Originally Posted by cjt_mama
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
    Here's my quilt so far...

    Sorry about having to download it.
    *sigh* I can't seem to look at the knowingly gorgeous quilt! :(

    Klue do you know how I can export the image from the DJ software as a jpeg or other uploading friendly file?
    with the DJ stuff, i just opened the exported file from DJ and then save it again as a jpeg and then upload it to the forum.

    it bugs me to no end that i just can't save the pic from DJ as a jpeg to begin with.

  25. #2050
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow, NY
    Posts
    4,780
    Quote Originally Posted by maryb.43
    You have the patience of Job, Klue. I can follow directions, and that was a very definitive answer...thanks, thats what I needed. So now, do you do anything differently when its dinky pieces...I bought alot of 9*11 pieces, and several Fat Eighths bundles online. Same deal on the washing? Thanks in advance. My fabric will hopefully arrive via post by Monday. I am doing the DJ Lessons on the software...and will start the online tutorial by amma and somebody else after that. It is great to see new people hopping on the bandwagon. Welcome! Its going to be embarrassing if you all get ahead of me. LOL.
    yes, for smaller cuts of fabric i do the same thing.

    toss in a pillowcase, tie it off, wash, and then untie the pillowcase when washed, and toss it all in the dryer.

    i just did this today with 4 packs of kona cotton pastel charms that are going into a baby quilt next week.

    i used synthrapol in the wash instead of the colorcatchers because i didn't sort the pastel colors i did the cream right along with the purples, pinks, yellows, and greens.

Page 82 of 247 FirstFirst ... 32 72 81 82 83 92 132 182 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.