Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 1-January-2014 Block/Projects of the month PHOTO'S.

I was one of the original posters of this tutorial link on QB-- I love that everyone has started making them and it's become so popular. I can only imagine that the original blogger is very thankful for the increase in her website traffic. lol.

I have made several more of these since I found the tutorial, and gave them away as Christmas presents filled with candy and homemade Cinnabon popcorn.

I like to make mine with 14" blocks with 2.5" corners. It gives them a nicely rounded opening at the top. Sula, I love your bread basket idea!

Name:  boxes.JPG
Views: 508
Size:  96.2 KB

Why yes, my deep freezer does block my back door. lol. It was the only space in our apartment we had to put it!
    The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow. Do good anyway.

Boomerangs and BOM Blocks: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...19-albums.html

Blog Entries
    How do I join the project of the Month? Sounds ike fun and I really like your boxes.

Sulabug,these are so cute. I made one last year. (sooo long ago lol) They are fun and easy and fast. Love the large one. I made mine starting with a 11" SQ. I don't think I still have a picture or I would post it. I'm gonna follow this thread each month.I love smaller projects. They are great for swaps on here. Thanks for the thread. Happy new Year all. Mary
    Mary

Where do I find the pattern. Would Like to make some.
    Blessings, Barbara Lee Joy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchfryqueen View Post
    I was one of the original posters of this tutorial link on QB-- I love that everyone has started making them and it's become so popular. I can only imagine that the original blogger is very thankful for the increase in her website traffic. lol.

I have made several more of these since I found the tutorial, and gave them away as Christmas presents filled with candy and homemade Cinnabon popcorn.

I like to make mine with 14" blocks with 2.5" corners. It gives them a nicely rounded opening at the top. Sula, I love your bread basket idea!

Name:  boxes.JPG
Views: 508
Size:  96.2 KB

Why yes, my deep freezer does block my back door. lol. It was the only space in our apartment we had to put it!
    I am so glad that you found this new project & I just have to let you know that I found your Tutorial right here on the Quilting Board. I liked it so much that I just knew I had to start out the New Year with this wonderful pattern. Thank You for sharing it with us, in our Links & Resources!! I am so hooked on them & enjoying every minute of creating a new fabric box for an upcoming gift!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmaof3 View Post
    How do I join the project of the Month? Sounds ike fun and I really like your boxes.
    Grandmaof3.............there is no need to join this Project of the Month for 2014. Everyone is Welcome to share in all of the fun. Here is the thread with the direction's & discussion included. Please join in on all of the fun!!

1-January-2014 Block/Project of the Month direction's.

ENJOY & Welcome.............

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Lee View Post
    Where do I find the pattern. Would Like to make some.
    Hello Barbara Lee & Welcome to our new Project of the month. I am also including the thread with the Direction's & Discussion for this month's project. We are so glad to have you joining in on all of the Fun too!!

1-January-2014 Block/Project of the Month direction's.

Your boxes are so cute Sulabug, and your first box is gorgeous Anael. I don't have much stash (one tote) but I bet I can find something in there to make one of these. Oh, I know, I'll make hubby one to match the quilt and pillows in his room! My avatar is hanging in his room, and I have a lot of leftover fabric from it. (Pieced pattern). Then he'll have a place to put all the clutter.
    :-)
    CAS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CAS49OR View Post
    Your boxes are so cute Sulabug, and your first box is gorgeous Anael. I don't have much stash (one tote) but I bet I can find something in there to make one of these. Oh, I know, I'll make hubby one to match the quilt and pillows in his room! My avatar is hanging in his room, and I have a lot of leftover fabric from it. (Pieced pattern). Then he'll have a place to put all the clutter.
    What a Great Idea!! We will all be anxious to see your finished fabric box for your DH. I can hardly wait!!

Lovely boxes! Can't wait to try my hand at them! Thanks for the motivation and directions!
    MacThayer

Cute boxes!
    I'll be trying a few.
    Thanks so much.
    Dona

I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
    you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
    identify their corporate sponsors.

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  232.9 KB

I used a 10.5 sq and a 2.5 triangle and it was tall and skinny .. But I made it !!!!!

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
Views: 491
Size:  236.2 KB

With the 2.5 triangles I was able to make compartments ... It turned out cute ... Thanks for the inspiration to make something new !!

Wow that's a clever idea luvtoquilt!! I love the skinny tall box with it's compartments. I need to make another box
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Blog Entries
    What a fun looking project! I need to get busy and make one to hold magazines in the living room.
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt View Post
Views: 491
Size:  236.2 KB

With the 2.5 triangles I was able to make compartments ... It turned out cute ... Thanks for the inspiration to make something new !!
    What a great idea, now I have to make another one & try out your compartment idea!! I am so hooked on making these fabric boxes & I hope that other's will show off their idea's too!! Keep up the good work!!

I made my first one. I don't think I quilted it enough, it is kind of soft. I started with a 14" square so it's about 4"x5".
    Name:  jan2014.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  176.0 KB
    CAS

luvtoquilt yours is really pretty! I started out with 3" triangles and thought mine wouldn't work out. I thought of using the compartment idea too, but I used 2" triangles so they were too short.

Now I see, by yours, I can make a tall skinny one.
    CAS

WOW, how cute!! Great job!!
    I am an organ donor. I gave my heart to Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    Here's my first fabric box. This one is for my DGD who will be celebrating her first birthday 20th of this month. Attachment 454246
    Anael:

I LOVE the cat on the side!!!! What is it and where did you get it???? Inquiring minds want to know, lol. Too bad I can't go the Netherlands to get some. Your fabric box is beautiful!!
    I am an organ donor. I gave my heart to Jesus.

Red face

My 2 finished fabric boxes. They were super easy, fast, and fun to make. Thanks for the project and this thread. The white lines on the red box are my quilting, I see I should have lined the sewing up better.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I don't know how to do that.....YET!
    Life Is About Using The Whole Box Of Crayons.

I did find that I liked the stiffness of the boxes when I did my quilting closer.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS49OR View Post
    I made my first one. I don't think I quilted it enough, it is kind of soft. I started with a 14" square so it's about 4"x5".
    Name:  jan2014.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  176.0 KB
    I don't know how to do that.....YET!
    Life Is About Using The Whole Box Of Crayons.

Here are the three I made today. They are fun and quick. I can see many uses for these. One of these I made as a small sewing gift. Thanks for this motivating me on this project. they would make great Valentine's baskets, birthday gifts, Christmas baskets. Oh, I am tickled with project!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by deedum; 01-04-2014 at 08:44 PM.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    They all look so great, no time today but hope to make a few this next week

Blog Entries
    WOW!! Just look at all of the Beautiful new baskets that have been made & posted. They are all wonderful & I am so tickled that everyone is joining in & having fun making these great little fabric baskets!! I am currently working on another set of three. I will share pictures when I get them done. Keep up the great work ladies!!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast