Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 June 2012 BOM pictures.

Beautiful blocks everyone. Such talent on here.
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by klgreene View Post
    I liked this idea of a bird house, I made one for each of my grandaugters. I was having a hard time figuring out something for June. This is perfect. The pictures might be a little brighter than the originals. It's hard to auto adjust and get the right color on my camera. But they are bright. Katie
    klgreene..........What beautiful blocks you have made for your DGD's 2012 Calendar theme BOM project!! They are both so individual & so pretty. Your color's are just so warm & cheery looking. Your work is always great & as it gets closer to time, I can hardly wait to see all of your blocks together. Thank you for sharing with all of us today!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweety2911 View Post
    SulaBug love your block!
    If it doesn't take too much time would you explain how you were able to post a larger picture? I posted a picture under Pictures and it was so large that one has to scan up/down/side to side.
    Good Morning Tweety...............I just sent you a PM, let em know if it does the trick for you!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfergirl View Post
    For my June 2012 BOM, I chose to do the paper pieced bird house block from Quilters Cache.
    OKay Surfergirl ... I see right through your evil plot to make me love batiks... OH MY HEAVEN...I love your birdhouses and fabrics. Super job. Sula my eyes totally popped when I scrolled down to this block. Let me just say... WOW.. ok Im good now.

Sula I love your block... Seagulls in the background and bluebird in the foreground. This birdhouse must be near a large body of water. Beautiful.

KLgreene as always beautiful blocks and nice colors I love the Yo yo's I have them on my list of things to learn. Your gd's will love these blocks.

Last but never in the least Vanogay. Love the block you designed. Your block is awesome and you have stumped me. My creativity heads off in ten different directions. Im seeing paper piecing bird houses and applique vines around.. but I suppose Im just going to have to sit down at the drawing board and get whats in my head on paper so I can get busy.

Hugs everyone..have a happy and restful evening.
    Last edited by Jenniky; 06-03-2012 at 01:47 PM.
    Have an awesome day!

Red face Love your little yoyo's

How fun...You had to have fun with this month's block ... love your little yoyo's...I must get busy on my block.

Judy in Phx, AZ

I liked this idea of a bird house, I made one for each of my grandaugters. I was having a hard time figuring out something for June. This is perfect. The pictures might be a little brighter than the originals. It's hard to auto adjust and get the right color on my camera. But they are bright. Katie

I have fun every month with these blocks. Is it July yet? Just kidding, I'm not wishing my life away, but I do look forward to each month to see who comes up with the BOM.
    "Impossible is an opinion, not a fact" Cameron Clapp

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...47687D2C18.png

I have fun every month with these blocks. Is it July yet? Just kidding, I'm not wishing my life away, but I do look forward to each month to see who comes up with the BOM.
    Exactly....
    Mary

I love your blocks. Bright and happy looking!

Here's my birdhouses for June...I hung mine in the trees among the flowers and birds...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Hobbykat that is a clever idea. Great job.
    Have an awesome day!

Attempting to post my pictures! May and June are done!

Oops Keeps telling me my upload failed. Any suggestions. I already resized to smallest size.

Name:  IMG_8211 (640x480).jpg
Views: 260
Size:  106.3 KB

Not sure what I did differently, but it worked!

Name:  IMG_8212 (640x480).jpg
Views: 255
Size:  97.1 KB

Love the blocks cute with the little birds in the house.
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KSenn View Post
    Name:  IMG_8211 (640x480).jpg
Views: 260
Size:  106.3 KB

Not sure what I did differently, but it worked!

Name:  IMG_8212 (640x480).jpg
Views: 255
Size:  97.1 KB
    Wonderful job on the Oh Susanah block and this months block. Your fabrics make the birdhouses simply adorable. Awesome job
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbykat1955 View Post
    Here's my birdhouses for June...I hung mine in the trees among the flowers and birds...
    HobbyKat..........Your June Home Tweet Home block for the 2012 BOM, is darling!! I just love your background fabric. It's perfect with the blossoming trees & brids in the background. What a beautiful setting for your bird houses. Thank you for sharing with all of us today.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KSenn View Post
    Attempting to post my pictures! May and June are done!

Oops Keeps telling me my upload failed. Any suggestions. I already resized to smallest size.
    KSenn...........I see you finally suceeded in posting both of your May & June blocks. Congratulation's!! You have done a fantastic job making both of them. I love the color's in your Oh Suzanna block for May & your Home Tweet Home block for June. These blocks go together very nicely, I can hardly wait to see all of your blocks together. Thank you for sharing & catching us all up!!

Blog Entries
    Good morning ladies all the blocks are looking awesome... I'm thinking on my block for June still. I printed out a Carol Doaks PP Birdhouse and then was going to applique around it..but Im still not off the fence to commit myself to it yet. Looking forward to seeing more blocks for this month. Have a grand day.
    Have an awesome day!

Ok my creative juices are flowing here. I started cutting out the pieces for the block and then I got carried away and made my own. LOL. Now I have to sew it all together but I have to wait until my daughter wakes up as she is in my sewing room. Maybe I could make some loud noises?
    My brain is also thinking of embroidering birdies on it. I am excited to get going on it.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Here it isName:  DSC_0103.JPG
Views: 203
Size:  1.03 MB
    The colors did not show up too well but it is blue flowers, green and a verylight rose/lavender house.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
    Here it isName:  DSC_0103.JPG
Views: 203
Size:  1.03 MB
    The colors did not show up too well but it is blue flowers, green and a verylight rose/lavender house.
    urgodschild2...........Your Home Tweet Home Birdhouse block for the June 2012 BOM project is so cute!! I love your idea of making three little bird houses, you have a nice little neighborhood there!! Did you hand embroider the darling little birds? You have done a marvelous job with your block this month. Thank you for sharing!!

thanks Sulabug.....yes I did hand embroider the birdies. This was fun to make. I was up in Vegas over last weekend and got to visit my first HObby Lobby store. they had birdhouses all over the place in the most adorable designs and it sparked my creative juices flowing. LOL.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
    thanks Sulabug.....yes I did hand embroider the birdies. This was fun to make. I was up in Vegas over last weekend and got to visit my first HObby Lobby store. they had birdhouses all over the place in the most adorable designs and it sparked my creative juices flowing. LOL.
    I just have to say that you did a remarable job on embroidering your birds!! I wish that we had a Hobby Lobby some where in our area too. I have never been to one, maybe someday. I think bird house are really neat. I have decorated our kitchen using them up on the sofit's. Keep up the beautiful work.

Blog Entries
    Urgodschild2 terrific block. Those lil birdies are terrific
    Have an awesome day!

Great birdhouses and background!

Cool Lovely block

I second this quote....your block made me smile..

Judy in Phx, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniky View Post
    Urgodschild2 terrific block. Those lil birdies are terrific

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast