Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
16th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Begins Now! >

16th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Begins Now!

16th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Begins Now!

Old 06-25-2017, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
So many have finished their quilts and I am still piddling away. After I saw the reveal, I found I hated my print fabric with all those green and black blocks. My whole quilt would have been so very dark. Next time, I will understand HIGH contrast, does not mean medium. I had spent so much time making those ugly green and black parts that I was determined to use them. A couple of days ago, I found a different fabric in my stash that I liked with the parts I had already made. I added a light yellow as an accent. Finally I am putting the blocks together. This is what I have so far.
OMG I love it! Yes, its different but certainly not ugly! Its unique! I have a friend who collects most anything camouflage and I did a double take when I saw your quilt. I swear if I wasn't so far behind now, I'm make one like yours for her! I'm going to save the picture and perhaps find a light tan to match the black and green, just in case! Could you post a pix of the printed fabric in it? As the old saying goes, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder; and my eyes are feasting on your blocks! Janet
Old 06-25-2017, 03:28 PM

Hi Jan...I admire so many of your fabric choices that I am very pleased that you like mine. It's not camo...it's wine. Much more fun. Here's my fabrics I am using and the blocks that I have done today. Now, if I didn't have to cook supper, I could keep sewing. But the hubby is hungry and sometimes likes my cooking, so into the kitchen I go.

OOPS! My center wine bottles are upside down. I may mix them up when I go to sew everything together, so that there is no top or bottom.
Attached Thumbnails barb-all-fabrics.jpg   barb-focus-fabric.jpg   barb-more-blocks.jpg  

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 06-25-2017 at 03:31 PM.
Old 06-25-2017, 04:41 PM

The light (yellow?) sets off the darker blocks perfectly. This is going to be a nice looking quilt. Way to go! :-)
Old 06-25-2017, 04:48 PM

Thank you coopah. I am not the best at picking colors so I was hoping it would work. After I made all those flying geese, it was gonna work!
Old 06-25-2017, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
I have had so many people ask me if there will be another mystery, so thought I would post this. I figure everyone has so much going on in summer that a fall mystery might be just the thing to make that transition into the cooler weather. Look for it sometime after Labor Day, maybe the 16th. As always, it will post in the blocks of the week and month, and will be titled #17 Mystery Quilt Train Ride.
I will be looking forward to it!
Old 06-26-2017, 03:27 AM

I have that fabric too. Made a tablecloth and placemats with it. Yours looks great!
Old 06-26-2017, 03:57 AM

Barb, the light yellow looks really good with the darker colors. It's going to be very pretty when finished.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:15 AM

Thank you klaws. I am working on the rest of the filler blocks now. If life doesn't interfere, I will have the basic blocks sewn together today.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:23 AM

Finally all the blocks are finished and sewn together. Now to think about borders. Whichever way the picture posts...lately they have been posting sideways.... all the wine bottles in the center of the main blocks are vertical. Well, I deleted this the first time I posted it because the picture was sideways again.... The board wouldn't let me post the same thing twice with the message so I had to add more. Funny how computers work.
Attached Thumbnails barb2.jpg  
Old 06-27-2017, 06:36 AM

Barb, I have only did the first blocks got sidetracked. I am going to start working on mine after seeing yours.