Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 17th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Sept. 9, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by cuppy View Post
    I live in Orlando, near Conway area.
    I've been watching Irma too. My bother lives in Winter Springs and hunkered down to stay with his dogs. He sent his wife and daughter up north until it blows over. Praying for all of you, we missed Harvey, but Houston didn't!

I'm joining the train ride. I found fabric tonight, unexpectedly for I was looking for something else. Fall fabrics with pumpkins and and rust and gold tones. Sorry, I can't post a picture.
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous

Thank you!
    We need to make the positives so LOUD that the negatives are impossible to hear.

Judy, I'm glad to hear that Jan is okay. Thousands of people are without power and cell phone calls can be iffy. I tried to call a couple people last night to let them know I was okay but the calls wouldn't go through. I'm one of the lucky ones who has power. Now I'm off to find my the fabric.
    Karen

I am not a fabricaholic. I am the curator of an extensive private textile collection.

I am loving all the fabric choices. I've got to go find mine. I've got plenty to choose from.

Judy...my table is 72 inches long by 36 inches wide. I would like to have a runner the length of the table. 21x53 is the original size.

My calculations - 1/2 of length = 26 + 53 = 78. I would like at least 72" or a bit longer, definitely not double at 106. So, should I make 1/2 more of everything? Don't you love convoluted math? I am sure there is a different way to calculate this. The table runner could hang over by 6 inches on each end.
    Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 09-12-2017 at 07:24 AM.
    Sew a Little, Love a Lot & Live like you were dying!

Karen, Jan does not have power and has no idea when it will be restored. We talked last night, and all she had was some wind damage to landscape, no house damage this time. Guess we hope for the best, she said she got a recorded message that crews were going to be out today to "assess the situation".
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Barb no, that won't work. I'm sending a PM

Barb I'm so glad there are people like you that really understands Math. It sounds like your speaking a foreign language to me. If math was left to me we would all still be sliding those wooden beads on the wire rack to count. Guess I'm showing my age too.LOL.
    Mary

I just got a message from JustJan -- Jan's power just came back online. Said she had a phone message from Chasezzzz - Karen is ok, too, so that, with Klaws accounts for 3 of our 5 FL gals. Hope the others are good.

Judy, thanks for the update. I'm glad that Karen and Jan are okay.
    Karen

I am not a fabricaholic. I am the curator of an extensive private textile collection.

Hi Everybody! I'M BAAAACCCKKKKKKK! YAY! Glad to read the good reports on others here. Will be watching for more. Just got my power back a couple hours ago and since then I checked my freezer and think all is well there too! Its good to have power back to include A/C and access to this board! Plan to watch TV and read a little, then going to call it an early night. Thanks everyone for your prayers and good wishes. Janet
    (The average freezer can hold approximately 326 fat quarters - The Guilty Quilter)

I eat, I sleep, I quilt, I eat, I sleep, I quilt... awwwww retirement! I earned it, I deserve it, I'm lovin' it!

A day without quilting is like a day without sunshine.

I'm so glad everyone in Florida is ok! My brother too!
    Now, for a minor problem: I want to ride along with you all but cannot make up my mind on a fabric choice! Paintmejudy and all of you experienced riders please help me with your opinion! Name:  IMG_2091.JPG
Views: 193
Size:  1.62 MB

Never mind I have tried everything to get the second picture to upload and nothing works. I'll try again in the morning

Name:  IMG_8219.JPG
Views: 183
Size:  59.3 KBName:  IMG_8217.JPG
Views: 185
Size:  63.0 KB Solid black background or off white TOT? Also, will the directional print work for the focus fabric?
    Last edited by dhanke; 09-12-2017 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by missgigglewings View Post
    I'm so glad everyone in Florida is ok! My brother too!
    Now, for a minor problem: I want to ride along with you all but cannot make up my mind on a fabric choice! Paintmejudy and all of you experienced riders please help me with your opinion! Name:  IMG_2091.JPG
Views: 193
Size:  1.62 MB
    I don't think either of your newspaper and panel prints will work. They are too large and spread out to work in a mystery quilt. You need small allover prints and the red will be ok if you have other stuff to match it. Not sure of the size print in the black and white one, so its hard to say about it. Glad to hear your brother is ok, too. Was wondering about that.
    (The average freezer can hold approximately 326 fat quarters - The Guilty Quilter)

I eat, I sleep, I quilt, I eat, I sleep, I quilt... awwwww retirement! I earned it, I deserve it, I'm lovin' it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnets View Post
    Opinions, please!!! Which way should I go?

Group A (three times the size of the runner)
    Attachment 580377

Orrrr....

Group B (four times the size of the runner)
    Attachment 580378
    Thanks!!
    I haven't read all the rest of the responses yet, trying to play catch up, but I would say you should do two of them, how could you choose with that combination. Love them both.

BLUEBONNETS, I like them both, but love the pink and yellow set- which is surprising because I really don't like pink very much. But that combo is gorgeous. If you plan to make a quilt I'd say make it with the pink and yellow set and make a table or bed runner with the cats.
    Last edited by Just Jan; 09-13-2017 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dhanke View Post
    Name:  IMG_8219.JPG
Views: 183
Size:  59.3 KBName:  IMG_8217.JPG
Views: 185
Size:  63.0 KB Solid black background or off white TOT? Also, will the directional print work for the focus fabric?
    I was thinking of medium gray, like in the monster faces, for your background, but I do like the black a lot. And would that fabric need to be directional? I'd turn it in different directions as I cut the pieces so they are facing all different ways and it would not look directional. But your stuff is always beautiful so go with your gut. Just my thoughts. Janet

I'm jumping on the caboose, but haven't sorted through my stash yet. So glad this mystery is a table runner because I have so many other projects going on at the moment. I dropped off a cherry crunch/cobbler with whipped cream in the club car. Have at it!

Name:  IMG_2096b.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  1.20 MBJust Jan..I think you are right about both prints, so I'm going in a different direction. Thank you for your input!
    here is my second choice

Quote Originally Posted by missgigglewings View Post
    Name:  IMG_2096b.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  1.20 MBJust Jan..I think you are right about both prints, so I'm going in a different direction. Thank you for your input!
    here is my second choice
    I think the coffee grinder print is probably still too large. Lay a ruler on it when you take a picture so we can see how big it actually is. Do you have a smaller print, maybe a floral or plaid, with blue and brown in it? Maybe the coffee grinder print could be the back?
    Last edited by Just Jan; 09-13-2017 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jan View Post
    BLUEBONNETS, I like them both, but love the pink and yellow set- which is surprising because I really don't like pink very much. But that combo is gorgeous. If you plan to make a quilt I'd say make it with the pink and yellow set and make a table or bed runner with the cats.
    Aww, thanks, JustJan. I have a DGD whose favorite colors are pink and yellow. I was thinking of a twin size for her. She has a birthday in a few months.

So glad you came through the storm okay. 😃
    Emily

I love those coffee beans missgigglewings.
    Emily

Thanks again Jan..but I am going to use that combo somewhere else. I found another set...so hang on a sec. I am so appreciative of your help, I seem to have lost my "choose something" gene!

picture coming

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnets View Post
    Aww, thanks, JustJan. I have a DGD whose favorite colors are pink and yellow. I was thinking of a twin size for her. She has a birthday in a few months.

So glad you came through the storm okay. 
    Thanks. I have been debating about mine, too. Here is the first set I posted and now I have another set in mind. I'm thinking of making two runners. For the second set I'm thinking the blue across the bottom would perhaps make a good border. Have no idea about borders for the first set until I see what it looks like! In the second set A,B &D gave glitter. The tan is batik for the background and the aqua border would be batik also. Anyway, here are my pix...
    Name:  Mystery train one.JPG
Views: 176
Size:  87.9 KB Name:  aqua border.JPG
Views: 179
Size:  89.6 KB

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast