Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 105 of 112 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 104 105 106 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 2778

Thread: 2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion

Are all the M blocks hard? I don't think so. I made 8 M blocks and only M3 is a hard one IMHO. I don't know about the remaining 5 though.
    Like you said, we can combine some of the first blocks of the schedule with some of the last ones. That way we meet somewhere in the middle.
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Love the idea of "reverse schedule". I started with this thread 2012-2013 but did not get very far. Hope to get back on track in 2014.
    What I make with my hands, I give with my heart.

Not all M's are hard - however according to Brenda's difficulty list, M has 3 beginner and 3 advanced, L has 2 beginner and 3 advanced, whereas at the start of the quilt A has 4 beginner and B has 6 [6 for the last rows vs 10]

However.... I guess if you were to look at it through Janes eyes... row/column "1" is the top of the quilt.

I'm going to make a 'pseudo-reverse' schedule... for M-L-K-J & the tris I had in that section. I will re-work the order a bit to make it beginner friendly. I suggest starting January 5 - the first Sunday in January. I'll take a poll at that time as to whether people want the whole schedule in reverse or not, and start a new thread. I will post the "new schedule" and a "tutorial/pointer list" indicating post #s to any aids from this thread. Give me some feedback before the beginning of January as to whether you want the whole thing in reverse or not. If not - I may suggest we continue this thread backwards and start a new one according to the old schedule.
    M

I'm excited to start afresh. Jane has her own new bin!! I'll follow the group but I'd hate for new Janiacs to get frustrated if we start with difficult blocks.
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

I sort of moved a few things around and put together a tentative reverse schedule.... want to check this out??

Week of Blocks Triangles Kites
    Beginner [green] Intermediate [black] Advanced [red]
    Jan 5, 2014 M5 M10 M12
    January 12 M8 M2 LS7
    January 19 M9 M6 L4
    January 26 M1 J7 M13
    February 2 M4 RS9
    February 9 M7 M11
    February 16 BREAK ~ CATCH-UP
    February 23 L3 L5 L7
    March 2 L6 L8 LS10
    March 9 L9 RS5 LS8
    March 16 L11 L13 RS13
    March 23 L2 RS10 LS9
    March 30 L10 L12
    April 6 K10 K4 K5
    April 13 J6 RS12 LS4
    April 20 BREAK ~ CATCH-UP
    April 27 J3 M3 J13
    May 4 J4 J12 LS13 RS6
    May 11 K1 K3 RS2
    RS3
    May 18 K6 K7 K8 K9
    May 25 L1 K13 TR7
    June 1 K11 K12 TR11
    June 8 BREAK ~ CATCH-UP

The colors didnt show up so I think I changed all advanced to underline and easy to bold??
    Last edited by Cre8tvlwyr; 12-13-2013 at 09:06 PM.

This schedule looks ok to me. Only thing: I would change M3 to M3 because this one is very hard

First of all, Monica, Congratulations!! We are about to hit the two year mark since you officially started this thread!

Secondly, I am going to be absolutely no help in trying to figure out how to proceed, schedule-wise. I did like how things were going as far as difficulty level from your original schedule. Since many of us are at different points of completion, I'm not sure how it will make sense to continue working. If we're not doing a reverse schedule I will likely continue with the original schedule, but at my own pace. I'm approximately 1/2 done with the tris and a little more than 1/2 done with the blocks.

Schedule looks good to me.

I'm going to check with Patrice about this whole start a new thread in reverse idea....
    Those who are ok with the idea are the ones who have gotten a pretty good start with her in the past. I also think that most of you who did start two years ago with the schedule I put together in the first post of this thread felt comfortable with the schedule difficulty level. There are some problems with the pseudo-reverse schedule I put together and going in reverse simply by flipping the old schedule over would make it too hard...
    Sorry ladies - I have soooo much needing finishing before Christmas that I don't have the focus to make a new schedule from the back. I have to agree with SheriR - would hate to see new Janes fizzle too soon because the schedule is hard.
    i will try to get back here soon!!
    Monica/Gus...[my niece's stepsons call me Monigus!]

May I take this opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy, healthy and prosperous New Year. !
    I REALLY want to finish my Dear Jane in 2014 !!!!

Thank you Dotty! To you and all other members the same!!
    I do want to finish too but I guess it's not going to happen next year. I still have a lot to do but I'll do what I can

Blog Entries
    In these special dates and with a big smile...
    and from the depths of my heart...
    I wish that Santa Claus fulfill your dreams and desires...
    and Jesus to illuminate your home with hope, love, health and work!
    All, each according to their creed, celebrate LIFE!!!
    Very Merry Christmas!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank you so much Gladys. Wonderful decoration!!
    I wish you a Merry Christmas and a very happy and healthy New Year.

Good day everyone. I hope everyone has had a great christmas. I was lucky enough to get the Dear Jane book. So would like to join you all in your journey in making blocks. I have my background fabric and I want to use civil war fabric for my quilt. I have a few to get started and will just have to order some more online. The fabric stores up here do not carry it except one that has a very small bit. Looking forward to starting and seeing everyones blocks.
    Kendra

Beautiful blocks!!
    I am an organ donor. I gave my heart to Jesus.

I've been getting Batik DJ BoM kits for the last seven months. Tonight I put them in color piles so I could prepare for a new 2014 DJ goal with all y'all. What do you think? Would you be miffed if you were me, to find 25-35 of the fabrics sent were duplicates. I have received up to four duplicates of some... I honestly can't rember if it was advertised as all blocks having different fabric. I suppose I assumed they would be...like Janes. I want to call the store. I've only received less than 1/3. Do you think by the end I'll have a dozen of some fabric?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Sheri, I would call and ask about it. The batiks are beautiful but like you I would not be too pleased with duplicates.

I agree. I wouldn't want lots of repeats. You could just go buy yardage yourself and get that!

I would definitely call! Were you getting parts monthly?? They probably hope you don't notice ....do you think they 'assume' you would get right down to making those blocks when the BOM kits arrive and therefore not notice the larger pieces as they arrived and not be like the majority of us UFOr's who like to fondle and admire the fabric for a few weeks..months....years before we get down to the task of putting them together

ssorry ladies - this probably doesnt make any sense at all - the cold I had right after Thanksgiving has knocked me down for round two as of last night! At least I got to enjoy our Christmas.

Kendra - mine is CW as well. I must have enough fabrics for over a dozen CW quilts - crazy because I started buying huge pieces before I realized that you rarely used more than 2 charm square size pieces of a print per block. When I went to PIQF last October I found a vendor who sells online and carries tons of CW fabrics in layer cakes, jelly rolls and charms. The vendor - Lancaster Traditional out of Conestoga, PA sells online at www.quilts123.com. I would check them out... They even sell narrow border fabric strips that are about 7yd long! I think I remember them having 10" layer cakes of 40-something non repeats at $30-40. That's 40 blocks worth! There were several different ones - also charm stacks with a hundred or so can't remember if there were two or one of each but I do remember thinking this would have been a far more reasonable approach to my CW fabric collection for Jane.

Quote Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
    I've been getting Batik DJ BoM kits for the last seven months. Tonight I put them in color piles so I could prepare for a new 2014 DJ goal with all y'all. What do you think? Would you be miffed if you were me, to find 25-35 of the fabrics sent were duplicates. I have received up to four duplicates of some... I honestly can't rember if it was advertised as all blocks having different fabric. I suppose I assumed they would be...like Janes. I want to call the store. I've only received less than 1/3. Do you think by the end I'll have a dozen of some fabric?
    SheriR, Batics are beautiful but I agree with the others. Too many duplicates. Get in touch with the BOM senders and explain that you need more variety of fabrics for your DJ Quilt.

OK - so I am reviewing my DJ chart that comes with the software where I have inserted all of my Jane blocks and realized I was missing two block pictures, which means I never posted them here either....
    Here is L13 ... I made this block the same method I used to sew B3 - I thought I had written explicit instructions for that block but apparently had not. If you can follow me, go ahead and use my method but I am a mathematician and use some obscure ways to save fabric [because I'm also obsessively thrifty with fabric....waste not]
    1. I cut two 3 1/4" squares of each fabric - background and print - and made a four patch.
    2. I cut the center circle adding a 1/4" seam all the way around the finished size, being very careful about making sure the point where the four squares met was exactly in the center.
    3. I pinched the seams of the remaining 4-patch with the circle cut out of it & took an additional seam of roughly 1/4" so that the center circle could be turned a quarter turn and appliqued on top of it.
    4. I trimmed the finished circle on a square into a circle 1/4" wider all the way around the finished circle [slightly less than 5" diameter] and lastly
    5. Appliqued the entire piece onto a 5 1/4" background square, which I then trimmed down to 5" after applique
    Name:  djl13.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  139.6 KBagain - if it sounds too confusing - simply use the method you prefer or check out the thatquilt.com site.

and Here's M3 - yes that one was a little bit of a bear Anael [get to sleep tonight????] I basically cut all pieces and sewed that one together by hand
    Name:  djm3.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  133.7 KB
    man do they ever look off! I think I need to press them because those diamonds are not that uneven!
    Gus

AFter my first totally failed M3 block by machine I made the second one by hand too! Very well done Gus
    And yes, woke up once but slept till past 8.30 am

Two beautiful blocks. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to starting back on Jane on Thursday. Will be starting on the new schedule. Had Row A and Row B completed. Also part of Row C.

Gus, your method of L13 makes sense to me. I still have to do this one so I will try it. Thanks

I have just purchased my Dear Jane book and can't wait to start !
    Lindsay

Page 105 of 112 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 104 105 106 ... LastLast