Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 83 of 112 FirstFirst ... 33 73 82 83 84 93 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 2778

Thread: 2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion

Ok Janiacs! I'm ready to begin my Dear Jane journey. Life has settled down some. I probably won't keep up with you but I've been following along and copying all the hints from you all.

Here is my question: I'm packing up a catch-all for on the road sewing. I'm guessing this Jane will be mostly hand pieced as we are retired and travel alot. Soooooo.........................what things should I pack in my travel sewing Jane case. Here is what I have so far.

Printed out patterns on wax paper sheets.
    glue stick
    small scissors
    aurilfil thread and small needles
    fine applique pins
    add-a-quarter ruler
    small rotary cutter and small mat (small meaning really little, the mat is only about 6x6.)
    tiny iron
    folders for completed project
    Dear Jane book (CD already burned to my hard drive)

What have I forgotten?
    Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!

Oh my, I've been oohing and ahhing over your janes, ladies. One of these days I may get mine back out again...have the blocks and tris done but haven't had the urge to get her all together. Keep up the phenomenal work!!!
    OVER THE RAINBOW JANE is the name of my Dear Baby Jane----though it should be poor, neglected & may never ever be finished baby jane!
    http://retrofabulous-retro.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    thanks, gals. hope you are working on blocks today LOL
    i was feeling so alone being so far behind. you have bolstered my resolve to move forward.
    hi nancy, i have been taking a few blocks with me to 'work'.
    i'm a home support worker, and i'm able to take the odd blocks with me to a certain ladies house who needs 'company' on a morning and evening. i'm doing the applique style blocks which don't take too long to do... i pre-cut the bits and 'needle turn' them down while we're watching tv together...
    i forgot how much fun these 'wee' blocks are!!!
    how are you getting along??
    xxx
    Last edited by jacquie; 02-19-2013 at 01:50 PM.
    Jacquie xxxxx

Quilters aren't greedy, they're just materialistic.

"Don't be pushed by your problems, be led by your dreams."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by katybob View Post
    Wow, Dotty, those are terrific blocks -- and you're so close! M3 looks like it's going to be difficult, although Gus has it listed on the schedule as a beginner's block. Was it?
    Thanks so much for your kind comments -- yes katybob M3 was not an easy block - but it is done !!!

Quote Originally Posted by dakotamaid View Post
    Ok Janiacs! I'm ready to begin my Dear Jane journey. Life has settled down some. I probably won't keep up with you but I've been following along and copying all the hints from you all.

Here is my question: I'm packing up a catch-all for on the road sewing. I'm guessing this Jane will be mostly hand pieced as we are retired and travel alot. Soooooo.........................what things should I pack in my travel sewing Jane case. Here is what I have so far.

glue stick
    small scissors
    fine applique pins
    add-a-quarter ruler
    small rotary cutter and small mat (small meaning really little, the mat is only about 6x6.)
    tiny iron

What have I forgotten?
    Are you going to get the Dear Jane rulers? I love mine and really couldn't live without the triangle ruler. What about printing out the schedule (found at the beginning of this thread) to check off when blocks are completed and help you keep track of what you've already done. Maybe make a couple of blocks (one that's mostly pieced and one that's mostly applique) to see if you can do it with only the supplies you've gathered.

Happy travels! And what a great project to be working on.

Cinday A, thanks for the reminder of the rulers which I do have. Got them as a christmas gift. Yes, I intend to do a couple of blocks this weekend to see how I do. Do you think doing some by hand and some by machine you will see the difference once the whole quilt is put together? I hand sew a pretty straight line.

Blog Entries
    Dear Jane A13 B7 B8

I finished these today. I started them for Virtual Quilt Day. Of course, they take longer than expected.

Thanks for looking and help me keep going
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Blog Entries

glue stick
    small scissors
    fine applique pins
    add-a-quarter ruler
    tiny iron

What have I forgotten?
    i use a lot of starch
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquie View Post
    hi nancy, i have been taking a few blocks with me to 'work'.
    i'm a home support worker, and i'm able to take the odd blocks with me to a certain ladies house who needs 'company' on a morning and evening. i'm doing the applique style blocks which don't take too long to do... i pre-cut the bits and 'needle turn' them down while we're watching tv together...
    i forgot how much fun these 'wee' blocks are!!!
    how are you getting along??
    xxx
    thanks, jacquie. i do take the hand sewing with me when i know i'll be waiting. i just have too much on my mind and am easily distracted
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK

Nancy - your blocks are perfect!! I see you've been putting in some serious 'catch-up' time yourself
    Cindy - great advice to dakotamaid's question... I would personally add a seam ripper! and make sure the small scissors you have are nice and sharp. Will you have internet access? If you have a phone with texting capabilities and PM me - I'll be more than happy to answer questions... [you could even simply call ... when you text too much you walk into walls - I've seen it often!]
    Oh - mine is a total mixture of machine blocks, handmade blocks and machine& hand made blocks - you really can't tell. Normally handmade is much softer, but the sizes of these blocks are so small even that leaves little difference.
    Here's my next block - I-9 [from week of Feb 3..... I am now short 12 blocks and 13 tris behind my schedule.... and have made 8 blocks ahead of schedule which adds up to the big question....hmmmm will Gus finish this before her guild's show???]
    and ...yes the geese are floating in the bright white sky rather than touching their wings to the pink sashing. quilt police?
    Name:  DJ I9.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  156.3 KB
    Last edited by Cre8tvlwyr; 02-19-2013 at 07:13 PM.

Thanks for the reminder of the seam ripper. How did I miss that one!! LOL! And starch, yes, Ellen's Best Press. I also have my laptop with data card at all times. Oh, and my e reader for when I get frustrated!! I'm going to try (?)and get some blocks partially machine made ahead of time so I can do applique. That would be a good use of my time. April trip is coming up fast.

I'm almost scared to take my tiny pieces to my daughters in May while I cat sit 2 lively cats while she is in Europe. I will just have to be diligent in keeping track of my pieces. I do have this lap desk with storage inside that will sit on a hotel bed just fine.

http://www.sears.com/dial-storage-fo...5&blockType=G5

Thanks again for the ideas. Anything else let me know!! And keep those beautiful blocks coming.

dakotamaid - just working on F-11 .... fabric marking pen/pencil. I like the blue washable one and the clover silver/white one. just have to remember not to iron it before you wet it! If you havent done F-11 yet - this is one you can sew the main 8 wedges together - two halves of four - and do the hand applique on the road
    Gus
    not done yet...picture will follow

glue stick
    small scissors
    fine applique pins
    add-a-quarter ruler
    tiny iron

What have I forgotten?
    I have a small spiral bound notebook and I made a list in it of all the blocks in row A, B, C (leaving 3 or 4 lines in between each one) etc and all the tris Top, Left etc - then - as I have completed each block, I put in - when i did it - what fabric I used and how many pieces it took to make that block and then do a running total of the pieces as you go along. It is nice to look back on ! - Oh and I used a pencil in case I made an error LOL !

Love your blocks quiltnan - especially the red and white ones - very effective ! Things had been very quiet here recently and it is so nice to be busy again and to see your lovely work.
    Any news of Gladys anyone ? I miss her posts !

Thank you Gus and Dotty, items duly noted. Nan, those red and white are calling to me!

A big storm moving into the midwest so I 'll get a start today or tomorrow. 12 inches on the way!

I just sent Gladys a PM - miss her too!
    Dotty - really ??? that is far too organized for me. But I do seem to remember that Gladys and Jane for that matter keep track of the number of pieces in the quilt. [We need it to sew into that corner kite!! ...oh oh need to go back to count!]
    Gus

The idea of a notebook came also from my daughter since she is the one who will inherit this gem if it gets finished. She likes to document everything So I rounded one up and put it in the bag.

Blog Entries

Smile Hello!!!

GOOD AFTERNOON TO ALL!
    How are you? I hope that good health and happy!
    I am delighted to see that this thread has regained his 'life'! It's great to see the beautiful work that each is doing!
    GUS ... Thank you for each and every one of your wonderful tutorials! And by your PM to me! It made me feel good!
    DOTTYD ... great and beautiful blocks! And thank you very much for your words to me! And I dream with Sylvia's Bridal Sampler too!
    PEWA88 ... nice blocks!
    CINDYA ... as always their blocks are very nice!
    KATYBOB ... love your blocks! And thank you very much also for thinking of me!
    QUILTNNAN ... I regret listening to problems with your home and hope that everything is resolved soon for you and your family! I was delighted to see again their blocks in triplicate! They are beautiful! And thanks for looking my other work and comment all my post!
    Welcome to Adnil458, meanmom, leakus, pewa88, vickiec and jacquie!
    I am so jealous of all the progress each is making! Keep up the good work!
    Now that I am the last! As a reminder, show them once more where I came with my blocks and a detail of the numbers of my DJ!
    But ladies... be sure that at some point I will finish my DJ, as now I am finishing all my top 2009-2010 and 2011!
    Sorry for defecting from this thread, but I should finish these earrings!
    Then he should face the quilting before finishing blocks of DJ! To know what was! It was a great decision! I'm very happy with my progress with the quilting!
    And I get finished 7 MUF in 1 month and 20 days! And I promise that after finishing the 10th I will return to DJ and my projects underway in the afternoon. And I will continue with the old morning slowly!
    So I think that I'll be back soon! They also vacation between 16 and 24 of the next month, which is to be lodged in my way from everything! But I will fulfill a dream with my husband and some friends, so I'm very happy in this regard!
    I'm going to continue working on my 8 ° MUF, so the sooner you finish... the best!
    A big hug to everyone!

Números de mi Dear Jane®

Cosidos Pendientes Total
    Bloques 64 105 169
    Triángulos 9 43 52
    Cometas 0 4 4
    73 152 225
    Total piezas cosidas 1548
    Semanas 25
    Attached Images Attached Images

YAY Gladys!!! glad you are well and finishing UFOs??? [unfinished objects of quilting ....same as MUF??]
    having fun understanding and learning Spanish here
    got the cosidos=complete, Pendientes - pending, total.... blocks, triangles, corners... semanas had me stumped though.. thanks to google - it means weeks
    hurry back!
    Gus

so 'fyi' [for your information] we are all somewhat behind that schedule... except for Dotty who was ahead when we started and I know I forget another who is totally done!
    Last edited by Cre8tvlwyr; 02-20-2013 at 01:56 PM.

Hello Gladys, great to see you here again and look forward to seeing more of your blocks. Have a great holiday and hope to hear from you again soon.

Blog Entries
    Gladys, thanks for checking in and all of your kind comments. I'm a little jealous that you are finishing up all of your UFOs. Have a happy holiday.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK

Blog Entries
    Sorry, Gus! I forgot to translate to English!
    These data arise from an Excel spreadsheet. I accompany it for anyone who wants to use it!
    I hope that someone can open it on your computer and tell me if it works.
    The second sheet is in English. The first is my basis of calculation to make sample.
    Be careful! Sure everyone has quantity of different parts in each of the blocks.
    That's why I try to find the simplest method or follow only of software. But I do not follow strictly the blocks as Jane did them.
    Thanks to all for your beautiful words!
    I hope to be back very soon! I miss them a lot!
    Ah ... MUF = Masterpieces under fermentation! Much better than UFO! HAHAHA!!!
    Usted puede ver los siete terminados en estos hilos:
    1 y 2 (http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...a-t210358.html);
    3 (http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...s-t210757.html);
    4 (http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...s-t210944.html),
    5 (http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...r-t211251.html),
    6 (http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...s-t212570.html)
    y 7 (http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...s-t213898.html).
    And now I work in the 8 (http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...s-t214360.html)!!!
    A lot of work in month and a half! And it is missing a two more!
    A big hug!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Thank you very much, DottyD!
    A big hug for you!

Blog Entries
    Thank you, Nancy! Buth .... just a few! There are too many in 3 years! Hahaha!A big and warm hug for you!

Blog Entries
    I could not upload the excel file...
    And the PDF is not look very well.
    If someone want it I can send it to your personal mail!
    A big hug to all!

Page 83 of 112 FirstFirst ... 33 73 82 83 84 93 ... LastLast